BANSHEE PROBLEM SPARK ISSUES

SMH7491

I have a 2000 banshee, it had no spark so i started going through it. I disconnected the CDI box and desided to give it a kick and i got spark. So i took the cdi box off my other banshee that runs and the spark went away. so no box = spark? PLEASE HELP

start first by checking spark plugs ,flywheel for clean post and no rattle, check the gap on the stator and the stator itself , coil,& wires ,plug caps & harness. theres a spec sheet on here to most of the electronics to see if there usable..also make sure all grounds are making contact on frame. you basicaly have to start with eliminating the easy stuff first . goodluck

start first by checking spark plugs ,flywheel for clean post and no rattle, check the gap on the stator and the stator itself , coil,& wires ,plug caps & harness. theres a spec sheet on here to most of the electronics to see if there usable..also make sure all grounds are making contact on frame. you basicaly have to start with eliminating the easy stuff first . goodluck

Okay so i just left it with the cdi box unplugged and the banshee starts right up but if i try plugging it in with it running it dies?????

Dude there is no way you are unplugging the CDI not sure what you are unplugging you may need to add a pciture LOL

It sounds more like you're unplugging the TORS box, underneath the fuel tank, left side, opposite the coil? If in fact this is the case the TORS set up is a malfunction waiting to happen, the question isn't "if" but "when" it will happen because it will happen. Unplug the TORS junk and chuck that little black box in the garbage and see how it runs. If it's good then plan on getting yourself a TORS Elimination kit with idle screws, and if you don't already have one get a Clymer's or you can even download a service manual in the technical section.