jetting for a serval need help please

jimbo1986

so my setup is 421 serval v force reeds, cpi sb inframes, 34mm tm carbs(got a good deal on them), domes cut by andy not sure what size, +4 timing and im at about 1300ft. I run av gas at 32:1 ratio and the jetts i have in it now are 50 pilots and 330mains. Now if someone could give me a good starting point that would really help. With the jets in it now it will start to hit the band but then seems like it hits a wall. I need some help from u guys because u guys always seem to help out. I just wanna ride this thing Ive been working on getting it done for months now!!!

so my setup is 421 serval v force reeds, cpi sb inframes, 34mm tm carbs(got a good deal on them), domes cut by andy not sure what size, +4 timing and im at about 1300ft. I run av gas at 32:1 ratio and the jetts i have in it now are 50 pilots and 330mains. Now if someone could give me a good starting point that would really help. With the jets in it now it will start to hit the band but then seems like it hits a wall. I need some help from u guys because u guys always seem to help out. I just wanna ride this thing Ive been working on getting it done for months now!!!

i run a trail ported stock stroke at 1000' , 330 main and 27 1/2 pilot jet on 28mm mikuni TM's. your main may be alil smaller as there bigger carbs but id do 27 1/2 pilot or 30 max on the pilot and slowly drop your 330 main if its fat .

but i dont think thell be to much or a change for you on top......... goodluck and let us know what you ended up with and how she goes :bolt:

Edited by shakar

well i got to play with it alil this weekend and i drop my mains to a 270 and it seems to pull alil better but i am going to take it this wk down to the dirt strip and refine it. Its seems alil strange that its still rich with a 270 jet but maybe im thinking to big i guess. Now i think my polit is to big at 50 it smokes alot at ilde and kinda stumbles on the low end but it will idle. What is a good rule for choosing a polit jet ? If anyone could give me some more input i would thank u . jetting isnt my strong point and thats y i turn to u guys. If anyone thinks 270 r too low please let me know. My compression is 164 and 163 so andy told me to keep the timing adv at +4. Thanks guys for helping!!!!

how do the plugs look ?, pilots should be ok, im running 50's. but you being higher up could need maybe 42-45 pilots.

have you tried new plugs with the 270's ?

from 330 to 270 should be a big difference.

try some 260's. but check the plugs, make sure it isnt too lean.

pull the needles out, see where they are at. the needle should be a 5FP-17.

what are your air screws at ?

have you checked pick up gap and resistance, and checked coil ?