370 long rod

gbf4ever

if you want to build a true 370 you have to bore your cylinders to .08 and use blaster pistions or or banshee pistions with the spacer plate witch is not worth it most people now days use the new wisco pistions made for the long rod crank they are shorter so no need for spacer plate and no need to bore the cylinders to such a big size for blaster pistions to fit

making the cylinders 370 will not gain you much at and it's a wast of bores it's not the way to go

the long rod crank will not gain u any hp it will move the torque around the power band

it will reduce wear on the pistion skirts

to tell you the truth i noticed nothing after i put mine in except that it cost me 10 bucks more for gaskets becouse i have the spacer plate :roll:

so i don't recomend this mod

if your looking for a gain in performance go with a nice 4mm stroker :wink:

The stroker crank is a drop in unit, in itself. However, you will need porting to compensate for the longer stroke. For this, I would go to patriot racing. Also, I have a LR crank, I like it. i did feel slight differences in the powerband, it became smoother. I used the 795 pistons from Wiseco, and I don't have a spacer plate. If you have to replace the crank anyways, and can't afford a stroker crank, (they are more expensive than a stock or LR crank) and the porting for the stroker, than the LR is a perfect thing to do. The reduced rod angles will help reduce wear on the top end, and that is a good thing. :D I however, would NOT use a spacer plate. I do not like extra places for an air leak. That is why Wiseco now has the 795 pistons...... If you have the $$$, then definitely go with the 4mm stroker.

The 795 piston will work on the 54mm stroke long rod without a spacer. On 4mm long rod cranks, even with the 795 pistons ,either a spacer plate or redesigned domes will be in order. I prefer the plate over the dome mod mainly because the pistons will be protruding over the top of the cylinder top deck surface in the area of .080". This puts the rings just that much closer to the combustion heat and is a premature failure waiting to happen...Jim

• 2 weeks later...
You the man, Dan!!!! :D The dome method is the way to go! You get the

benefit of a little extra power stroke plus nobody knows what you have

under the "hood".

-Downs

A "little" extra power?...Gee, havn't run accross that scenerio yet decking my cylinders...Jim