Anyone near Petoskey/Traverse City Area?

007banshee

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear ya, that's why I sold my sled, no one to ride with, all my brother in-laws have quads and trikes. Think sometime in May, early June? Before it gets scorching hot out and too dusty.

May/June would be fine normally. It sort of depends on if we have a bad winter or not, i have seen snow still on the ground into May up here. But the last 6-7 years have been very good, snow all gone in March/early April.

May/June would be fine normally. It sort of depends on if we have a bad winter or not, i have seen snow still on the ground into May up here. But the last 6-7 years have been very good, snow all gone in March/early April.

o

Ok, is there any nice places near you that we could camp or decent priced hotels? Thinking camping might be cheaper for most, have everyone bring a ton of different things to eat and drink. Maybe near a river too incase people want to do a float, thinking mid June would be better, a little warmer. If we get a good group of guys together I can have shirts or something mad up? Idk just throwing out ideas...

Ok, is there any nice places near you that we could camp or decent priced hotels? Thinking camping might be cheaper for most, have everyone bring a ton of different things to eat and drink. Maybe near a river too incase people want to do a float, thinking mid June would be better, a little warmer. If we get a good group of guys together I can have shirts or something mad up? Idk just throwing out ideas...

Let me do some thinking. I know theres a campground in town, but its a bitch to ride to the trails from there. You could always camp there and trailer to the local gas station (Kountry Korner its called) and leave from there. Its only a few miles from the campground, plus that gas station carries premium 93 octane and most 2 stroke oils plus its right on the trail. They also have a ton of parking.

Theres is a small motel in town but its seasonal and i cant vouch for how good the rooms are or if it will be open then.

We are only about 15-20 minutes south of Marquette. Marquette is the biggest town in the U.P. Lots of restaurants and hotels for people to stay at if they would like to.

Let me do some thinking. I know theres a campground in town, but its a bitch to ride to the trails from there. You could always camp there and trailer to the local gas station (Kountry Korner its called) and leave from there. Its only a few miles from the campground, plus that gas station carries premium 93 octane and most 2 stroke oils plus its right on the trail. They also have a ton of parking.

Theres is a small motel in town but its seasonal and i cant vouch for how good the rooms are or if it will be open then.

We are only about 15-20 minutes south of Marquette. Marquette is the biggest town in the U.P. Lots of restaurants and hotels for people to stay at if they would like to.

Theres is a small motel in town but its seasonal and i cavouch for how good the rooms are or if it will be open then.

Is there a open place on state land we could camp on ?

Edited by toytech

• 4 weeks later...

They have added a lot of trails and opened some up a bit . And the scramble area is second to none. The bluffs is a perfect campground for atvs with a bar and restaraunt on site

That sounds awesome, frame is getting powdercoated next week along with crank welded and ordering my top end kit from FAST. Should have the banshee done by spring! Just gotta save for arms and a swinger.

I'm down to ride where ever, Blake lake is cool i grew up riding there tons of trails, Never rode the U.P. but sounds kinda fun,The trails in Kalkaska are cool went and checked them out a couple weeks ago,Grayling has tons of trails to.

That sounds awesome, frame is getting powdercoated next week along with crank welded and ordering my top end kit from FAST. Should have the banshee done by spring! Just gotta save for arms and a swinger.

Get that banshee done before spring, u wont hear the end of it if you bring a blaster on a ride. hahaha :rotflmao: