swing arm problem

Hi everyone, this is my first post i've usually searched the topics and found my solutions. But not this time. i found play in my swing arm today, when i took it apart the swing arm tube where the spacer and needle bearings go was all chewed up/ one of the bearings let go/ inside where one of the needle bearings needs to go, will i have to replace the entire swing arm now? the tube is so chewed up that where the needle bearing should go thre is no slot for the bearing to be punched in,the other side has a "gapped area" that looks like the bearing will seat right in and the bad side is all roughed up and not very smooth.

I will take a couple pics tomorrow night after work once i give it a complete cleaning.

thanks for the help

I've seen arm here for $20 + shipping, if you are on a budget. Don't even think about that. Just make sure that whatever arm you get it's not in the same condition as yours. And, new bearing/sleeve kit.

If you have a bigger budget, the posibilities are endless.

TORKER.

Edited by TORKER

I put a grease zerk in there so I can fill the bitch with grease after installation. Went from replacing them almost once a year to over 2 years and going strong. I give a squirt or 2 every so often to keep it under pressure.

Looks to me like that boogered up part is just the outer bearing race. Pound out the race with a long punch from the other side. You may need to grind a groove in the race lengthwise with a dremel to make it pound out easier. Then see what the swingarm looks like after that. Be careful not to grind into the swingarm.

Edited by Starwriter

Looks to me like that boogered up part is just the outer bearing race. Pound out the race with a long punch from the other side. You may need to grind a groove in the race lengthwise with a dremel to make it pound out easier. Then see what the swingarm looks like after that. Be careful not to grind into the swingarm.

yup, gotta get that out of there, spray something in it to break up the rust and maybe some heat from a torch if it dont come out

exactly, cut the outer bearing, and it tapped rate out, sanded it with cloth sandpaper and seems fine.

thanks for the info