best suspension set up for mx and trails

Nik

I just installed a -2 lonestar swing arm...made a huge difference in handling and jumps much better. Not near as nose heavy. Also I run laeger +2 +1 long travel a-arms up font with elka triple rates and tcs dual rate rear shock. Haven't had it on the mx track yet but in the woods its much better than stock. I ride it more than my built LTR 450. Shorter swing arm and +2 or +3 a-arms makes a huge difference along with good shocks.

I agree with what Blubyyou is saying, the shorter swing arm is a HUGE improvement.

Suspension for track in trail is going to differ. Track will be a lot more stiff and one would also want a wider stance. Trail in turn would be much more plush and a bit more narrow depending on the width of the trails you ride.

You get what you pay for with suspension. It's not cheap unless you run across some good deals. I scored some killer deals on all of my parts and I'm at around $2450 for the major items. Axle, a arms, swing arm, front and rear shocks.

• 4 weeks later...

elka front suspension is amazing but if you got the 1500 bucks for em get the fox float x evol... as for a arms alba racings good and laegers and so many more

what would be better between some elka stage 4 and fox floats x-evol ? i got some smoking deal on each of them... i just can't make my choice !

thank you !

what would be better between some elka stage 4 and fox floats x-evol ? i got some smoking deal on each of them... i just can't make my choice !

thank you !

Elkas for sure. The fox floats are better on machines with a lighter front suspension. IMO, they are not the ideal shock to run on something nose-heavy like the banshee.

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you very much.. you've been very helpful in my decision !!

If you get a -2 swing arm then then the banshee isn't nose heavy anymore lol... Get the evols! You can get me upgraded from fox when the new ones come out and don't quote me on this but I think sometimes its free... Your welcome man