4mm crank

i was just wondering how it would run if i put a 4mil long rod crank with a set stock stroke trail/dune ported cylinders together? i need a new crank and want to go with a 4mil and save for nice cylinders later. would i still see some gains or will it just run like crap?

i was just wondering how it would run if i put a 4mil long rod crank with a set stock stroke trail/dune ported cylinders together? i need a new crank and want to go with a 4mil and save for nice cylinders later. would i still see some gains or will it just run like crap?

I put a 4mil in mine with out porting for it, it ran ok little gain over stock. I just ran the spacer plate, if you go with the long rod4mil you'll need the rite pistons to match.

i may be wrong, but i do believe once ur stockers are ported u can send them to be ported for a 4mil. hjr does it, i think sheerider11 had that done.

You are correct.

And now let me tell you, there is a right way and a wrong way. I did it the wrong way first( spacer plate and not ported). Like stated, it ran okay. Then I was like I need to do this right. Called Kevin who previously did my porting, talked it over and got everything settled. 4 mil porting and domes and gasket thickness. Now that it's done right I can say there is a right and wrong and I went both routes. Just do it right the first time you'll never look back

You are correct.

And now let me tell you, there is a right way and a wrong way. I did it the wrong way first( spacer plate and not ported). Like stated, it ran okay. Then I was like I need to do this right. Called Kevin who previously did my porting, talked it over and got everything settled. 4 mil porting and domes and gasket thickness. Now that it's done right I can say there is a right and wrong and I went both routes. Just do it right the first time you'll never look back

X2^^^^^^^^

There is a right way and the wrong way. Wrong way cost you more !

Good luck with your build :cheers:

You are correct.

when u sent ur cylinders back to have them ported for a 4mill, how much did it cost you?

Well my plan is to buy a serval in the fall, so if i get the crank now since i need a new one and got cut domes to run my stock strock ported cylinders sor a few months would it run like crap or just not have it full potential? I live in canada so shipping + port work on my 65.5 mm cylinders just doesnt seem like a good idea. If i can find a nice set of stockers ready for the crank on here ill go that rout. What about the vitos new style cylinders? They any good?im not looking for any type of drag set, more like a trail/dune