21" haulers vs 22" haulers

JDP421

I personally like taller tires, I would go with a 22" tire with a 72+ rollout. I think the question you should be asking is how many paddles, not tire height/diameter. You probably would never know the difference between the two tire heights unless you had a really small 21" and a big 22" and it would probably only be from the change in gearing, not from ur.bike not having enough power to turn them.

What kind of trails do you have, if there are big rocks and sticks in the trails make sure to get a paddle tire that isnt super thin from being buffed down.

Plus i agree on the 22" tires...only thing with the 22"S its a little harder to tail whip them in the sand as they dig and roll more then a 21" with a shorter sidewall.

Just my thoughts on tires.

@rc418 maybe your right . I just asked the tire height question cause I'm having trouble finding 22" paddles online in the size I want and 21" seem easier to find .

Are you looking to buy new or used???? Both 21" & 22" tires will vary alot in size, you will want to find out the tires rollout. To determine rollout you need to measure around the tire for its diameter in inches, thats the best way to determine the actual tire height as Skat-Trak uses various carcuses (SP) to make their tires. If you can answer the questions below we might be able to point you in the right direction;

-Do you want new or used tires?

-What size rim do you plan on running?

-Do you want standard haulers or extremes? (I would go with extremes on a 421)

-Do you want standard buff or super lights (SLS)? Dont run SLS if you ride in rocky areas as they can puncture easier than the standard buffs.

-How many paddles do you want?

- Where have you been looking for tires?

I run 22x11x8 12 paddle extremes on my 4mil stock cylinder banshee, my tires are a 72 rollout which works well for me, I believe 72 rollout is on the tall side for a 22" tire but im not 100% sure......

You can order direct through Skat-Trak but there are other places that sell them, nice thing if you order them through Skat-Trak you can request a certain rollout, for instance a 22x11x8 in a 72+RO.

22x11x8 8 Paddle Haulers

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/50/81/165/724/-/6053/Skat%257ETrak-Hauler-ATV-Tire

http://67.199.65.66/cascade_innovations/newlook/store/store_View.cfm?STORE_AREA_ID=12&store_dept_id=429

IIRC, I think I have read on here that Sand Toys Unlimited has good deals on paddles but you have to call them for pricing.

Edited by RC418