Extra Modding My Banshee

Hey everyone. Okay so i run Toomey T-5's, V-Force reeds 3, K&N with 270 Dynojet (Moose Racing Jets) 15/41 Gearing, Trail Tech Vapor gauge ++ small accessories eg. graphics est. My spark plugs has this nice tan-ish brown color to it that indicates a perfect jetting. I have an adjustable timing plate on it but its set to the stock position about to be set on +4 i'm also going to get a 42 tooth rear sprocket to run 15/42. What other mods can i do to it to make it faster i'm already quite impressed with its amazing banshee power! just want a bit more out of it i now hit 137.5 Km/h ( 86 mp/h ) top speed I was thinking of the Dyna Ignition CDI box or a aftermarket head like Pro Design Coolhead but don't know much about the domes and stuff. I want safe modding nothing that'll damage my engine or effect it much i use the bike a lot and take care of it very much.

I run 95 octane pump gas i live in Bahrain elevation is sea level i'm even thinking of increasing my jet size to somewhere like 290 and going for the dual K&N's that mount dierectly to the carb but they get dirty really fast so i dont think it's worth it. Also ive seen some banshees with different sparkplug wires (yellow) (red) they say it gives a bit more spark there cheap and worth getting any tips remember i want to stay safe and healthy.

Thanks for all your help.

post-40897-0-34557600-1337291144_thumb.jpg

:banghead: bigger rear sprocket gives you less top speed. Not much difference, but slower. Smaller rear sprocket is faster and bigger front is faster. If you want power, send in your cylinders to fast or hjr and they will port them for you. Plug wires will not do anything for speed. The aftermarket CDI will help a little giving you like 100 more rpms but you won't notice more speed. But for power, porting is the best bang for your buck.. Also check to see if you have a neon green boost bottle and a purple power band. If you don't have those, your banshee will be slow :cheers::jesterlaugh:

• 5 months later...

Hey everyone. Okay so i run Toomey T-5's, V-Force reeds 3, K&N with 270 Dynojet (Moose Racing Jets) 15/41 Gearing, Trail Tech Vapor gauge ++ small accessories eg. graphics est. My spark plugs has this nice tan-ish brown color to it that indicates a perfect jetting. I have an adjustable timing plate on it but its set to the stock position about to be set on +4 i'm also going to get a 42 tooth rear sprocket to run 15/42. What other mods can i do to it to make it faster i'm already quite impressed with its amazing banshee power! just want a bit more out of it i now hit 137.5 Km/h ( 86 mp/h ) top speed I was thinking of the Dyna Ignition CDI box or a aftermarket head like Pro Design Coolhead but don't know much about the domes and stuff. I want safe modding nothing that'll damage my engine or effect it much i use the bike a lot and take care of it very much.

I run 95 octane pump gas i live in Bahrain elevation is sea level i'm even thinking of increasing my jet size to somewhere like 290 and going for the dual K&N's that mount dierectly to the carb but they get dirty really fast so i dont think it's worth it. Also ive seen some banshees with different sparkplug wires (yellow) (red) they say it gives a bit more spark there cheap and worth getting any tips remember i want to stay safe and healthy.

Thanks for all your help.

throw out the TORS, go for V-FORCE 4, IBOOSTERS, keep up the 15T - 42T i installed the same and they ride very well, and some one said (BOOST BOTTLES) dont do anything, it worked great with me, +4 adjustable stator is soo good, and get a GYT-R cdi, they are great too ..... keep it stock, best way to enjoy riding ....

throw out the TORS, go for V-FORCE 4, IBOOSTERS, keep up the 15T - 42T i installed the same and they ride very well, and some one said (BOOST BOTTLES) dont do anything, it worked great with me, +4 adjustable stator is soo good, and get a GYT-R cdi, they are great too ..... keep it stock, best way to enjoy riding ....

lol.jpg

the 2 things he got correct is that the tors are garbage, and that the +4 timing is good.

the gain from v fore 3 reeds to 4 is minimal, not worth the price. iboosters wont do shit. Stock CDI is the most reliable, aftermarket ones always seem to have issues and wont gain you shit. boost bottles do nothing but tear the intake boots, making a air leak, as mentioned spark plug wires arent going to do anything.

If you want more power, a cool head with a smaller dome will provide more power, but you will need most octane depending on what compression you have.

Porting is the best bang for the buck, all the guys on the forum are good, wildcard, herrs, and fast. right now i would take up herrs on his 100 bucks off, if you mention the thread bashing him on here.

you could also go 4 mil if you want to dig into it.