4 mil dune port high rpm issue

sonofsand- im actually using the standard br8es plugs wit the lil cap off so it fits into the new plug caps. i cant fit solid tip plugs in or a regular plug with the small cap on top for that matter. gap is still at .018 and i didnt even gap the spark pllug at all. is it possible yours was having that same issue awhile back due to the cap? i remember i pmed you about my prob awhile ago. just food for thought.

surfrjag- thanks for the flyhweel tip i didnt know about that. i love this forum there is so much to learn and good people here

OK, thanks.

Whos your DADDY!! LOL glad you found the problem, those damn boots and that topend break up cost a buddy of mine about 2 grand chasing the problem with a local shop a few years back!! At least he ended up with a 421 cub when he was done!! LOL Thank god for good forums like this one!!

Z

most shops anywhere exept for the site sponsors on this forum are clowns. when i had a tranny problem first it was the shift shaft. nope. then they had to spilt the cases ect ect. they are out for one thing...... thats $ and they get it. its not right at all but hey thats the truth. i bet that the caps would of been the last thing they replaced on my shee if i took it to the shop. from now on a site sponsor is getting my engine if i cant fix it myself. im taking my shee for a good ride tomorrow so ill give you guys a update about the plug caps fixing my problem

ok guys a update.... took her for a hr or 2 ride and shes running great. reving to the moon! no rev limiter effect... just a crisp clean scream. i hope this thread helps anyone who has a problem like this in the future. $6 for plug caps and running great. who would of know :jesterlaugh:

• 2 years later...

Ok I am having a very similar issue. Did you try swapping the plug wires around before? I have, and it still seems to not hit as hard on the left cylinder. Does not rev clean etc. mine seems to do a lot like that video you posted.