Clutch Help

When clutch lever is in all the way and rev it up bike moves a little, couple inches, doesn't lurch just rolls. There's about 1/4" slack in lever and arrows on cases are lined up.

Any suggestions. Brand new clutch plates from fast, stock basket and hub. No bumps on fingers or basket. Less than 5 hours on bike.

Did you change the cable? It might be stretched. The pressure plate or hub might be warped. I had this problem, but worse. I'm still in the rebuild process. I'm getting everything new. I talked to Jeff at fast and he told me something I never thought about. Some after market easy pull levers don't have enough throw or give. So it can be tricky.

I agree, wondering if i should try a new perch/lever. Bought a cheapo that's on there right now. Clutch pulled in all the way give it gas you can feel it pulse/wanna grab. Not sure if i need to adjust pancake bearing again? Any advice guys?

Thanks!

Running Belray Gear Saver for tranny fluid. Anyone else using it?

I hear good things about belray, what weight is that? 80, 85? Belray makes good stuff. I was just saying in that other clutch post that I have some extra honda 85w gear oil and was wondering if thats ok to use or if anyone has used it. Damn, me and you are like thinking the same today lol :cheers:

Haha i guess so. I played with the adjustment at the perch and helped a little but you can still feel it move when you give it more throttle. Also i rode it around for 10min and parked it in garage, coolant was dripping from the coolant tank hose, not sure what would cause this? Its running kind fat so not sure??

well that usually happens when you remove the overflow tank, mine is removed so sometimes when its hot and idling a little bit will spurt out but i believe that is normal. I think the overflow tank is just a catch can, i dont think it puts the coolant back in the radiator if im not mistaken. once you start moving and get some good air flow in the radiator it should cool down the coolant and stop dripping. a billet impeller should help with that (which i plan on getting 1 day) I was also looking into an in-line temp guage. It would be nice to know what my temp is at. As for our clutch issue it might be the push rod like "banshee bitch basket" said. hahaha, that almost sounds like an insult lol.