Custom oversized gas tank?

decon

I bet you could find someone who has one with the stripped out threads in it that would get it to you for cheap to try it out... Maybe do it inside the frame so you know it'll still fit...? Just a thought. You may not get another gallon out of it, but you should be able to get more...

Maybe stick the whole thing in an oven at 225-250 or so, get it pliable, quickly stick it back in the frame, bolt it down, and pressurize it.

Just ordered the test dummy tank on eGay for $19 bucks, I'll let you know the results. I agree I might not be able to get a gallon but I think I can get close to 4 gallons. With my stock tank I filled it with boiling water to let the plastic soften up, bolted it to the frame and blew air through the gas cap, I gained maybe a quart or so out of doing this.

Just ordered the test dummy tank on eGay for $19 bucks, I'll let you know the results. I agree I might not be able to get a gallon but I think I can get close to 4 gallons. With my stock tank I filled it with boiling water to let the plastic soften up, bolted it to the frame and blew air through the gas cap, I gained maybe a quart or so out of doing this.

I'm a damned genius.

If you can somehow get a schrader onto the gas cap, use a bicycle pump and you can pump it up that way, rather than blowing into it.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...