replacing clutch plates

kawa110

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well maybe i am wrong but i remember people welding the ball or if you got lucky it would weld itself with heat.

I thought the the ball was getting hot on bikes and self welding itself or shattering, if your lucky it doesn't shatter and cause problems

I thought there used to be a pinned post on how to take it out and weld it the correct way so it doesn't happen on its own or shatter and leave metal in your motor.

Please tell me you are just trolling?

allrighty got my heavy duty EBC clutch plates, clutch cover gasket, waterpump gasket, and kickstarter seal.

next on the list is tranny oil (to soak plates and change)

50/50 coolant (hasnt been changed in while)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chariot-Banshee-Coolant-ULTRA-HIGH-Flow-Impeller-KIT-/280847410173?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4163cf63fd&vxp=mtr

and

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chariot-Clutch-Pusher-Pancake-Bearing-Yamaha-Banshee-Stock-aftermarket-clutch-/280866497251?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4164f2a2e3&vxp=mtr

Wont do any ball welding and hopefully mine looks good. :shrugani:

allrighty I ordered my parts from e-bay looking 5-8 days I guess. today it is Thursday so prolly wont see them until next Thursday.(7 days)

if anything is trashed in there when I open it I will be sure to post some pics.

I am fairly mechanicaly inclined, I have a Clymers book......Will there be any instructions with the pancake bearing? I am not concerned with water pump, I can handle that I think. :whoa:

Is there new hardware to hold the impeller to case or do I reuse old knock pin? What are the chances if me having to replace the seal? If I pull the impeller out can I get it back without damaging the seal? :blink:

Hopefully after these clutch plates are back in ill be :bolt: :bolt: :bolt:

• 2 weeks later...

got everything intalled i adjusted the chariot pancake pusher according to my clymers. test rode up street and back everythink cool____________got in yard out in nutreal and now it feels like i have now clutch like ther is no pressure on the pressure plate..................

Cable isnt ripped

well I like a jack A$$ left the lockdown nut out of the mix...............

nice having the chariot impeller cover now I was able to drain and reuse my coolant..........

leaned bike all the way on side so I could remove cover without losing oil......lost a little out crankcase breather....should have disconnected first........

did a test ride down then rode pissed off the neighbor who has some kinda of meerkat mansion sactuary.

Everything seems to be great, going for a nice long ride tom. around GIANT ROCK, LANDERS CA, 92285-----------------GOOGLE IT