Lectron carbs informations

bansheeqc

Hi, i need some input about Lectron carbs. A guy sell a set of 38mm lectron, and i want to know if this carb it's good for a 4mill stocks cylnder drag bike. (see picture for the carb. I know the lectron run wirth interchangeable metering rod to set the carb on gas or alky.

So, i want to know if it's good carb, how to set up lectron (méthanol vs gaz, pump or not? if someone have a idea of set up to put in this carb, where to go to get parts...

Thank you

Bansheeqc

http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp343/bansheeqc/lectron.jpg

iv used lectrons for years on my dragbikes, and every nhra dragbike uses em. excelent carbs, i cant answer your question . but if you contac paul gast in grand island ny 14072 he can answer and get ya any parts you need. he designed lectron carbs. his company is called fastbygast. teck line is 716 773- 1536 he still builds h2 750s and is a great guy. hope this helps.. they have a website also,,, steve fastbygast.com

Edited by steve14733

i cant believe no one has gave a answer.. try posting it in the drg race section. alot of bikes on this site are running lectrons. email paul or call em he will hook ya up if no one can here

Thank Steeve for the info...<

I will try in the drag forum.

Bansheeqc

There are a lot of variables to take into consideration here. I have used them some. Dennis Packard would be the expert IMO on running these on ATV's. I would use his PE-1 metering rods. The base setting is 48.5mm from the brass to the tip of the rod, your elevation will determine where you will go from there to tune. Start with the power jets Wide open. And, if the original lectron PJ's are in them I would replace them with some clippard PJ's. There are a few different styles of the clippards, the single feeds are what I would recommend for that motor but will have to be drilled/machined out to get you enough flow for methanol. PM me if you need any more help or have any questions.

-Brandon

There are a lot of variables to take into consideration here. I have used them some. Dennis Packard would be the expert IMO on running these on ATV's. I would use his PE-1 metering rods. The base setting is 48.5mm from the brass to the tip of the rod, your elevation will determine where you will go from there to tune. Start with the power jets Wide open. And, if the original lectron PJ's are in them I would replace them with some clippard PJ's. There are a few different styles of the clippards, the single feeds are what I would recommend for that motor but will have to be drilled/machined out to get you enough flow for methanol. PM me if you need any more help or have any questions.

-Brandon

Thank Brandon for the info. I finally don't buy the lectron. I will stay with my 39 pwk for now.