2012 MRAN Night Racing

Hello new forum,

So last week I traded my 2000 YZ250 race bike for a 2001 "race" banshee. It's had some work done to it, but I'm not sure if it's all solid mods. Anyway, I've been trying to think what to do with it and night racing comes to mind. Mostly because I race dirt bikes in the MRAN races in Nevada and don't think I have enough skill to ride a 2 wheeler at night being a novice and all.

So basically I'm wondering if anyone on here has raced at night and can offer any pointers and insight into a first timer night racer.

Cheers!

• 1 month later...

Sweet, I don't think I have 6-ply tires on it right now. so they will have to waite till I burn them out. As far as lights go, I'm thinking about a Baja Design's helmet light and the stock head lamps. Was looking at it the other day and both bulbs were broken. Going to replace thoes and give it a shot. First race is next saturday.

As far as the rest of the quad goes, it's got worcs front supension, axis? rear shock, honda axel?, +2 +1 something or another 2 front 1 out maybe kinda forget, and extra extra padding in the seat, and some other garbage the guy I traded with put on it. I'll post a photo one of these days.

4-stroke - What!! Boooo....

Sun - yea thats real helpfull. Thanks for posting......

Sweet, I don't think I have 6-ply tires on it right now. so they will have to waite till I burn them out. As far as lights go, I'm thinking about a Baja Design's helmet light and the stock head lamps. Was looking at it the other day and both bulbs were broken. Going to replace thoes and give it a shot. First race is next saturday.

As far as the rest of the quad goes, it's got worcs front supension, axis? rear shock, honda axel?, +2 +1 something or another 2 front 1 out maybe kinda forget, and extra extra padding in the seat, and some other garbage the guy I traded with put on it. I'll post a photo one of these days.

4-stroke - What!! Boooo....

Sun - yea thats real helpfull. Thanks for posting......

Do a DC conversion and get some led's.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...