Shifting issues

Dave G

http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=150894 If your claw wobbles like that, might be time to replace :jesterlaugh:

haha, those are my gloves!!! Wait, those are my fingers, that's my video!

When Adjusting the essentric screw, put the bike it a gear, don't matter what one, first or second is good. Loosen up the lock nut, remove essentric screw, throw away the folding lock washer, install new one, check the end of the essentric screw for wear, if there are grooves replace. Install essentric screw. Adjust shifter claw so that there is the same amount of space between the claw and the shift star pin on both top and bottom. Double check. remove shift shaft, Tighten nut while holding screw with flat screw driver. install shift shaft to make sure you are still good, its good, remove shaft, fold washer replace shaft, install new clutch cover gasket. bolt everything up, refill coolant, refill with favorite flavor of oil. run the shit outta that shee!

Adam

When Adjusting the essentric screw, put the bike it a gear, don't matter what one, first or second is good. Loosen up the lock nut, remove essentric screw, throw away the folding lock washer, install new one, check the end of the essentric screw for wear, if there are grooves replace. Install essentric screw. Adjust shifter claw so that there is the same amount of space between the claw and the shift star pin on both top and bottom. Double check. remove shift shaft, Tighten nut while holding screw with flat screw driver. install shift shaft to make sure you are still good, its good, remove shaft, fold washer replace shaft, install new clutch cover gasket. bolt everything up, refill coolant, refill with favorite flavor of oil. run the shit outta that shee!

Adam

will this help with cold lurching or having to rev it the put in first with out killing the motor. Or is this just for miss shifts?

Will pancake help?

will this help with cold lurching or having to rev it the put in first with out killing the motor. Or is this just for miss shifts?

Will pancake help?

Lunching has to do with an improperly adjusted clutch. Here is how I do mine.

Drain the oil, Coolant, remove the clutch cover (lockouts lift the bike up on one side so that all the oil goes away from the window, remove window). Adjust your clutch lever adjustment all the way in. Use a 12mm socket to loosen the center adjustment but on the clutch assembly. Tighten the screw until 90% of the play is out of the handle - you want some slack there. Tighten nut, adjust final play from your handle and pull the clutch. If the pressure plate moves as soon as you touch the lever give it a little slack. I like a slightly floppy handle with almost no slack.

Reassemble, add fluids test it out. This leaves you a lot of room for cable stretch on the handle. If you have heavy springs go 3 and 3.

Check clutch plates for wear too!

Adam