building banshee from ground up ..got some qestions

try'n to get started on building a trail/lite dune shee.... if i go with stellar what a arms and swing arm set up should i choose.... any advice would help im sure thanks in advance

There are SO many variables...

what motor are you building?

50/50 trail and dune?

Tire size/paddle number?

We need more info. I run a +4 Stellar swing arm on my dune bike and love it.

Lol you can read.

I run a mild 4 mill with a -2 swing arm +3 arms and g force axle

I been to glamis with this setup and had a fucking ball.

I love the -2 swingarm, makes the bike so much more nimble. Only down side is that when you get to some hill is get hairy. Going up olds and china wall there was nothing I could do to keep the front end down.. I was sitting on te tank knees in the headlight and the wheels were still off the ground..

But for the trails it's the only was to go.. My bikes probably putting down mid 70s for rwhp

try'n to get started on building a trail/lite dune shee.... if i go with stellar what a arms and swing arm set up should i choose.... any advice would help im sure thanks in advance

I definately agree with the others. Swing arm length is all going to be your preference, you can't really ask for advise on that because guys are going to tell you what they like. I know you said going from the ground up so I don't know if this means you have a stock swinger or not but heres what I would do if you are unsure. I would build everything as planned but run the stock swinger for a while. Then you will get used to how the bike handles and performs in the powerband over the woops, jumps, hills. After you get the feel for what you think you are capable of doing with the motor you built you might have a better idea if you want to go minus or plus on the swinger. My 2 cents. Have fun with the build.

• 1 year later...