Toomey Parts

11AGUY

I have been calling around to local auto stores looking for the silencer retaining snap rings and o-rings... pretty sure I can find the o-rings anywhere but has anyone had any luck with a specific store for the snap ring... Toomey wants $5 plus shipping for one... also, the pipes that I bought from someone on this site that were suppose to be "take out of the box and put em on your bike" are missing all the mounting brackets for the stinger and silencer... Toomey wants $60 for those things... anybody have a design or way of making their own??? just pissed that I have to do this right now....... would have never bought these things if I knew what they needed, even if i got a good price on them

Get a pair of calipers and measure the snap ring groove in the silencer can. Then go to your local hardware store a get the size you need out of their snap ring assortment. As for the mounts, I think Mod Quad make some different styles of both front and rear hangers for pipes. Or, you can step up and order everything from Toomey all at once so you are only paying 1 shipping charge. Toomey makes nice stuff, but they are proud of it. When I needed new bushings for my J arms back in 1990, my only choices were the crappy stockers or bronze ones from Toomey. Iwas told the Toomeys were $75when we ordered them. When they arrived at Oregon Motorsports, I was told they were $100, they had talked to Stuart Toomey and his response was "that was the price and if I did not like it, to send them back and he would sell them elsewhere". And as I have learned over the years, Banshees are not cheap to play with, and you get what you pay for. BTW, I am still running those very same bushings today.

thanks brother, I think I am avoiding the inevitable and just have to order them from Toomey.... just aggravated because If I would have known I would have purchased a different set of used pipes.... well I guess you win some and lose some... for the condition of the pipes and what I have to order now, I can chalk this one up as a loss.....

Get a pair of calipers and measure the snap ring groove in the silencer can. Then go to your local hardware store a get the size you need out of their snap ring assortment. As for the mounts, I think Mod Quad make some different styles of both front and rear hangers for pipes. Or, you can step up and order everything from Toomey all at once so you are only paying 1 shipping charge. Toomey makes nice stuff, but they are proud of it. When I needed new bushings for my J arms back in 1990, my only choices were the crappy stockers or bronze ones from Toomey. Iwas told the Toomeys were $75when we ordered them. When they arrived at Oregon Motorsports, I was told they were $100, they had talked to Stuart Toomey and his response was "that was the price and if I did not like it, to send them back and he would sell them elsewhere". And as I have learned over the years, Banshees are not cheap to play with, and you get what you pay for. BTW, I am still running those very same bushings today.