aftermarket cdi and coil?

my banshee has no spark im pulling the coil off my dads and trying it and if thats not the problem im trying his cdi just wondering if i do have to buy a new cdi or new coil should i get one from yamaha or get an aftermarket one?

Coil - NOLOGY

CDI - STOCK

The rule I go with is stock for the staor, stock or Nology for the coil, and stock or Dyna FS for the CDI box.

Yep, but I'd only bother with the Dyna if your going to do your own custom curve. The dyna is known for failing out of the blue. Not as bad as the stupid Ricky Stator products can......but the dyna does have a little less than stellar reputation.

Stock stator

Stock flywheel

anybody's timing plate

Nology or stock coil (YES the Nology is worth the hype and $$$)

Stock CDI

Whatever you run make sure your bike has a good ground connection. ;)

Yep, but I'd only bother with the Dyna if your going to do your own custom curve. The dyna is known for failing out of the blue. Not as bad as the stupid Ricky Stator products can......but the dyna does have a little less than stellar reputation.

Stock stator

Stock flywheel

anybody's timing plate

Nology or stock coil (YES the Nology is worth the hype and $$$)

Stock CDI

Whatever you run make sure your bike has a good ground connection. ;)

I was just saying that in my opinion, those are the only acceptable ones to use. I agree with you on the Dyna except I think you can buy a brand new Dyna for less money than a brand new Yamaha CDI box. And it might be easier/quicker to get the Dyna. Not many dealers stock CDI boxes, when I was at St Anthonys I was able to get a Rick's Electrics box the next day but a Yamaha box was a week away when I was only going to be there 5 more days. Granted I had to have the Ricks box replaced under warranty when I got back home, but I think I could have gotten a Dyna that fast also.

Granted I had to have the Ricks box replaced under warranty when I got back home, but I think I could have gotten a Dyna that fast also.

:jesterlaugh: That's funny......5 days of riding an the rick's unit was needing replacement.

But I agree with you completely, and when you have 5 days riding left...you do what you have to do to keep riding. ;)

:jesterlaugh: That's funny......5 days of riding an the rick's unit was needing replacement.

But I agree with you completely, and when you have 5 days riding left...you do what you have to do to keep riding. ;)

Yea, I bought it so we could ride. It ran fine in Idaho. We came home and the bike sat from the Fourth of July until mid September, we went to Sand Lake for the day and the bike would not kick start off the trailer. We towed it and it started right up and then it would kickstart as long as it was warm. If it cooled off we had to tow it again. At the end of the day we sat around the campfire for a couple of hours and when it was time to load up to go home it would not even start towing it. Got home and plugged an OEM one in and it started first kick. Had a major hassle getting it warrantied because I had to go through the dealer in Idaho, their distributor, and Ricks. When I got it back, I plugged it in and started the bike, unplugged it and put it in the box for a spare. So I learned my lesson about electrical parts.

thanks for the info guys i think i will just stick with oem i hope its not a stator prolly just a coil it from running perfect to running like shit in the blink of an eye and from having weak spark to having absolutely no spark i cleaned all the grounds on it and everything so hopefully its just a coil