still have a problem with dirt in the carbs

I bought a new adapter plate and new two layer foam filter and after having it out both days this weekend i pull the airbox to sync carbs and there's dirt in the carbs again! ugh this is def not gonna work for a weekend at badlands or bundy hill. Any places i need to check for possible air leaks that would let dirt in? This problem is driving me crazy. :shootself:

I bought a new adapter plate and new two layer foam filter and after having it out both days this weekend i pull the airbox to sync carbs and there's dirt in the carbs again! ugh this is def not gonna work for a weekend at badlands or bundy hill. Any places i need to check for possible air leaks that would let dirt in? This problem is driving me crazy. :shootself:

Are you putting grease on or raw doggin it?

I greased the o-ring for the adapter plate but should i be greasing everything?

yes you need air filter oil and should be putting a very light coat of oil on the filter to trap the dirt, otherwise the dirt goes right through the foam filter. A K/N filter might also be a better filter but the foam does work when oiled

I completely forgot to oil that filter before running it. I just used 2-stroke oil pretty lightly but just enough to cover all parts of the filter. I'm sure that was my problem but i pulled the adapter off and regreased that o-ring, greased the o-ring that goes in between the carb adapter and airbox. and greased the boots going to the carbs just to be sure. Going to bundy hill tomorrow so we will see exactly how well it helped.

I completely forgot to oil that filter before running it. I just used 2-stroke oil pretty lightly but just enough to cover all parts of the filter. I'm sure that was my problem but i pulled the adapter off and regreased that o-ring, greased the o-ring that goes in between the carb adapter and airbox. and greased the boots going to the carbs just to be sure. Going to bundy hill tomorrow so we will see exactly how well it helped.

Soot, oil the filters with foam filter oil and I would also put a prefilter made by K&N over them or it pending on what you have. I am south of hillsdale in camden, youll have to pm me and tell me how bundy hill was, I havnt been there yet but Im planning on going there to try and drag race if there is any there with my quad.