97 Banshee new to me, so I have questions

88rover

Ok like the title states I bought a 97 banshee 1 owner. Only thing done to it is ported heads and jets and he removed the baffles. So i got 2 baffles and a bag of jets.

He only used ams oil. so he says.

So I have been reading different topics and have a lot of questions.

I want to change all fluids, I bought a repair manual, to help me out. I want to change coolant, trans oil. I read regular coolant 50/50 mix. On the trans fluid I read some use 10w30 some use atf+4 some use gear lube what is the main benefit to each? or member recombination?

when refilling the coolant do you guys suggest waterwetter or purple ice or any other additive?

The big question is there any thing I should do? any must do mods? Thanks for any and all advice.

also I want to upgrade the suspension as I am not a small guy, reconditions? I want to be fast on the trails .

I will post some pictures later .

Edited by 88rover

just 50/50 is fine i run klotz gear oil its all just personal preference id say for trails. new front suspension is a must also +4 timing is a good cheap mod. the options are endless

welcome to bhq

Ok still working o navigating the forum, so what is +4 timing is there a step by step? Thank you for the welcome !