Picked Up My First Banshee - Help

Finally got my first Banshee, ive wanted one forever.

Bike is a 1998. I was told it was bored .060 over with a receipt to verify the machine work, Head shaved .100, Head seems to have a DMX and some other stuff engraved on it ? FMF SST Full exhaust, Trinity 2 to 1 carb kit with a single Keihin 35mm, Pro taper bars, billet water pump cover

1st - The seller gave me some Maxima K2 2 stroke oil and told me to run a 24:1 mix with high test. Im an Amsoil dealer so would switching to Amsoil hurt anything ? Does that ratio sound right ?

2nd - I plan on doing an impeller and billet water pump cover with drain, taking the carb off and cleaning it up, slapping a temp gauge on the cases and now i need to replace the coolant bolt on the left cylinder as it unscrewed itself while i was riding. Is there anything else recomended to do on a new machine ?

3rd - What are some common cheaper things to do to it ? I was planning on Stellar arms with replacable ball joints in the near future, doing some powder coating, doing the clutch and maybe building a intake to bring the filter around to the side. I will only be running it on drag strips and trails, no mud and little water so im not too worried about bring the filter around. I was also planning on doing the stator mod, adding a motorcycle battery and adding a LED strip for a head light across the front, and grabbing another set of plastics and trimming the front fenders.

Here is a picture of her.

IMG_5345.jpg

24/1 Is ALOT... I'd run 32/1 or 40/1. Before I built up mine I always just ran 40/1...

Ill knock it down to 32/1 and see how things go. Would i be ok to run Amsoil ? He told me Amsoil wouldnt work it in it.

While you have the clutch cover off, always good to add the pancake bearing. Easy, cheap mod that will save you a huge headache.

Im guessing i can just search that and find something on that one ? Ill proly go ahead and grab a nice new one while i have it off too.

Ill knock it down to 32/1 and see how things go. Would i be ok to run Amsoil ? He told me Amsoil wouldnt work it in it.

Im guessing i can just search that and find something on that one ? Ill proly go ahead and grab a nice new one while i have it off too.

Im not an expert on banshees, i just got my first banshee also, but i am very smart when it comes to a 2 stroke. So i couldnt see why amsoil wouldnt work, but sometimes when u switch oils it needs a jetting change as well. Thats SOMETIMES. but i recommend you run klotz oil. Its like 12$ a qt and is a very good oil, if u deal with the company they are very nice people. (lots of free stickers and a free banner lol) i usually run 32/1 in my bikes and it works just fine. So ill probably do the same for my banshee.

As for your led light question, i wanted to do the same so i searched and saw a member sells something like that his user name was MattSCSS or something. Try looking for MattSCSS.

Thats all i can really say because im not a total expert, im sure more experienced members will chime in. Hope i helped.

You can run any 2stroke oil of your choice, I run Klotz super tech. You will get 100 diff answers on whats the best and why. But like stated, jetting may have to be changed. No biggie. All part of tunning.

As far as the pancake bearing. It is a bearing that sits behind the clutch plate. It replaces the stock adjuster. What happens is the clutch push rod and ball bearing tend to weld together. 9/10 times the rod will mushroom and get stuck and your clutch goes limp. You have to split the case when this happens. A pancake bearing keeps this from happening. Think of it as a $30 peace of mind. Easy mod when you already have the cover off.

You can run any 2stroke oil of your choice, I run Klotz super tech. You will get 100 diff answers on whats the best and why. But like stated, jetting may have to be changed. No biggie. All part of tunning.

As far as the pancake bearing. It is a bearing that sits behind the clutch plate. It replaces the stock adjuster. What happens is the clutch push rod and ball bearing tend to weld together. 9/10 times the rod will mushroom and get stuck and your clutch goes limp. You have to split the case when this happens. A pancake bearing keeps this from happening. Think of it as a $30 peace of mind. Easy mod when you already have the cover off.

You can also just run a ceramic ball. Thats what i got.

I might even pull the cover just to do that of that's what I would deal with. I'll put some pictures of the engraving on the side of the head and see of someone knows what it means.

As for parts. I will most likely get a lot of my stuff from parts unlimited since I'm a dealer for them. I will most likely end up rejetting the carb anyway once I get some dyno time to see what works the best on her.

Is there any common knowledge I might need to know for this thing ? I know basic 2 stroke knowledge but I've always ridden 4 strokes.