What the hq pro's think!

I'm looking at this kit in ebay that comes with 4mill crank, trued and welded all seals for lower case, spacer plate ect for around 700.00!

i blew stock rod bearing and just looking to spruce up a lil! i don't have unlimited funds so working with a budget and you guys could tell me if its going to better or not worth it!? i'm going to stick with my jugs i have for now and set i have in sig! any help or in put would be great!

Link for kit

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BANSHEE-DRAG-MOTOR-4MILL-VITOS-STROKER-CRANK-WISECO-PISTON-TOP-END-KIT-ENGINE-/110822570013?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item19cd8a381d

info

4MM BANSHEE STROKER REBUILD KIT INCLUDING 64MM -66MM PISTON KIT WITH GASKETS SPACER PLATE,CRANK SEALS AND CLUTCH COVER GASKET {YOUR CHOICE OF PISTONS},VITOS TRUED,WELDED,PINNED CRANK 110MM RODS, EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO PUT TOGETHER .

DIRECT BOLT TOGETHER NO CUTTING OR GRINDING

It's coming from east coast atv. There pretty cool there. Some people doing like vitos tho. Its a 110 rod. So that's a short rod. I have the same crank. People say it puts more side load on the piston and wears faster. I have yet to see proof. I haven't had any problems with that crank yet so I'll approve of it as of now.

I believe your porting will have to be changed still if you put a 4 mill in it. Your current porting is for a stock stroke. Call a site sponser and tell them what your looking for and how much you want to spend. I use Jeff at FAST and he is great!

Wait your at 64.5 and you want to jump to 66? Why would you throw away 1 and a half mm of bore.

See if they can give you the kit with a smaller bore piston. I have ran 4mils with spacers and cut domes,cut domes are the preffered method,but spacer plates will work. If your cylinders are ported though,and you throw a spacer in there it could throw your durations way off and make it not run very well

Edited by Burt Reynolds

I mean when you had your cylinders ported,they raised the port roofs,if you use a spacer it will raise them even higher. If you throw the kit together with no additional porting,it will run,but it may not be optimal. Sometimes port jobs can be changed to work with 4mill cranks to make it right,sometimes they cant. Before i spent 700,have your cylinders looked at and find out exactly where your height and durations are,then someone who knows about porting can tell you exactly the right way

Porting on the jugs. The plate kind of mimics getting your ports raised by doing real porting. I had my cases port matched to the jugs and the jugs ported for my 4 mil.

The plate is used to keep tbe piston from coming out the top of the jug.

I mean when you had your cylinders ported,they raised the port roofs,if you use a spacer it will raise them even higher. If you throw the kit together with no additional porting,it will run,but it may not be optimal. Sometimes port jobs can be changed to work with 4mill cranks to make it right,sometimes they cant. Before i spent 700,have your cylinders looked at and find out exactly where your height and durations are,then someone who knows about porting can tell you exactly the right way

good post!

He is right about the porting. A lot of times the transfers end up way too high leaving you worse off.

The plate is used to keep tbe piston from coming out the top of the jug.

good post!

He is right about the porting. A lot of times the transfers end up way too high leaving you worse off.

among other things that make the low end response even worse... so take an already somewhat pipey motor and make it really pipey!

ditch the plate.