clutch basket and gears

CAJUN BANSHEE

Need advice from the pros, I am sending my motor to HJR to build a 421 cub and was wondering what clutch basket and what ratio straight cut gears would yall recommend, I'm currently running that pos wiesco and that won't cut it. I've been doing a lot of research but still can't make a decision. 225lb rider running 300ft on sand, stock frame, +10 swinger, 22x11x8 12p ultra lite extremes. Would just like yalls take on this, thanks.

Might be a stupid question but what are the differences in the gear ratios, I mean I understand the concept but what are the results, does one work better on sand vs asphalt or higher HP vs lwr HP. Just a thought

So thats the norm for a setup like mine? I will locate a boss basket and we may make a deal. That sounds like a good price, how much time do you have on that or is it new.

So thats the norm for a setup like mine? I will locate a boss basket and we may make a deal. That sounds like a good price, how much time do you have on that or is it new.

I wouldn't say it's the norm, it's a shorter ratio than the "standard" gears you see running around. These are used, I bought them from Askin Motorsports at a planetsand race for $250 and I never used them. I bought them because I had plans to build another stock cylinder drag bike. I felt the shorter ratio would be better for a smaller engine, especially with my weight (275 lbs).

Let me know if you end up wanting them, or if you'd like to see better pics, I can take close-ups of the teeth. The gears are in great shape though. I believe they retail for $300+

I am selling off all my spare parts in preparation to throw in the towel after this year, more to come soon.

Yes I would like to get that, I do want to talk to my builder first (no offense) iwas just inquiring this past weekend and glad I did. Thanks.

Oh you wouldn't have some 39 alky carbs too huh.

I found some on eBay for 250.00 just was a little hesitant. But figured for that price I could have them converted to alky. How much for yours.

I found some on eBay for 250.00 just was a little hesitant. But figured for that price I could have them converted to alky. How much for yours.

I need to dig them out first before I commit to anything. They've been sitting in a box in a corner of my garage for 5 years. I want to go through them, clean them out, make sure everything is there. I'm real big on not selling anything that's not in excellent shape and I can't vouch for it at this point. If you're in a hurry to pick some up, you may be better off buying the ones on ebay. I probably won't be able to get in the garage and dig them out until this weekend, and even then, they may be missing jets or needles. Just being honest :)

No hurry, I'm just now sending my case to Kevin. Just don't want to miss out on a good deal. I do want those gears, Kevin said same as you, thanks man. I have never purchased anything from here but I am a straight up dude and can't stand a thief, so I won't screw ya. Here's my number, you can text or call if or when you find the carbs, if not, I still want the gears k. 337-764-2609

Need advice from the pros, I am sending my motor to HJR to build a 421 cub and was wondering what clutch basket and what ratio straight cut gears would yall recommend, I'm currently running that pos wiesco and that won't cut it. I've been doing a lot of research but still can't make a decision. 225lb rider running 300ft on sand, stock frame, +10 swinger, 22x11x8 12p ultra lite extremes. Would just like yalls take on this, thanks.

What's wrong with the Wiseco Basket? Also, I don't have straight cut gears on any of my 3 421s. Nothing wrong with them, just that it would be the last thing to do after you'd maxed out the potential the motor. I'd actually put that money toward a ridgid chassis, or at least drag a-arms. You're gonna need more tire as well.

Really? I just want to make sure nothing happens and I will go the extra mile if I have to. I've already been through 2 4mils from two different builders in one year. Damn, I could have had a sick ass bike if I would have done it right the first time with the cash I lost.