bore my carbs?

I ran stock carbs with pro circuits and a 4mil play dune port and it made plenty of power. You don't need power jets either, kinda a waste of money for your style of riding. Bigger motors on Alky benefit from power jets. Your 28's the way they are a just fine.

I ran stock carbs with pro circuits and a 4mil play dune port and it made plenty of power. You don't need power jets either, kinda a waste of money for your style of riding. Bigger motors on Alky benefit from power jets. Your 28's the way they are a just fine.

Ok. Thanks guys. Now i know what ill do.

Kinda depends on what your builder calls a dune port. Alot of dune ports would run better with bigger carbs, not stockers.

Kinda depends on what your builder calls a dune port. Alot of dune ports would run better with bigger carbs, not stockers.

I agree, that's why I am running 35's and shearers now. My motor still made plenty of power with stockers though. I ride dunes only, wide open dunes. His 28's will be just fine, I think coupelx runs 28's on a dune ported motor. He might be able to shed a little more light on the topic.

I agree, that's why I am running 35's and shearers now. My motor still made plenty of power with stockers though. I ride dunes only, wide open dunes. His 28's will be just fine, I think coupelx runs 28's on a dune ported motor. He might be able to shed a little more light on the topic.

someone bring him into this thread. Im guessing hes gonna have pwk carbs but 28's are 28's.

I tend to stick to the smallish side to preserve part throttle performance (resolution). I like to play around at home in addition to riding WFO so this is important to me. i could probably find a few hp with bigger carbs but not enough to warrant the cost. redline racing has posted dyno sheets that prove small carbs can run.

what jets did you end up with andrew?

edit: the reasoning is for best part throttle performance is you need to keep the vacuum signal strong. as the carb gets bigger the signal gets weaker per say. I think the first clue your carb is too big is when you have to run big jets to get enough fuel in the engine because of the weak signal. In theory i think your jetting shouldnt change much in stepping up to a bigger carb.

I tend to stick to the smallish side to preserve part throttle performance (resolution). I like to play around at home in addition to riding WFO so this is important to me. i could probably find a few hp with bigger carbs but not enough to warrant the cost. redline racing has posted dyno sheets that prove small carbs can run.

what jets did you end up with andrew?

What kind of carbs do u have? And whats your jetting?

What kind of carbs do u have? And whats your jetting?

oops that would be good info to have. I run 28pwks and currently at 138 mains 45 pilots. After this last round of porting it wants smaller jets. ill probably end up with a 135 where as i ran a 140 last year. porting amounts to a dune port.

this is different from the jets you will run with mikunis as they are numbered differently. I dont run or like mikunis so someone else will have to help you there.

oops that would be good info to have. I run 28pwks and currently at 138 mains 45 pilots. After this last round of porting it wants smaller jets. ill probably end up with a 135 where as i ran a 140 last year. porting amounts to a dune port.

this is different from the jets you will run with mikunis as they are numbered differently. I dont run or like mikunis so someone else will have to help you there.

id much rather have pwks too. Ill trade you haha