Powder Coating A-Arms?

2strokeshees

WOW..thought this thread was over

"I too, have done several sets. I did the first set back in 2004 for my buddy. He's 380lbs, on stock arms. No issues to speak of. All the balljoints are still tight and working great. You have to orient the arm right so the nylon melts, and re-sets itself in the right way. I had to cut open a set of stock arms to find out exactly how to build the rack for the oven.

Also, protip. Nylon-6, which is what is used in the balljoints, melts at 420*F.

Whether it be Nylon-11 (365F), Nylon-6.6 (490F), or Nylon-6 (420F), I've never used a powder that requires higher temps than 350. I'm sure there are some out there, but I've never used any.

With that being said, I'd never powder a set of arms with questionable balljoints, but I've done it several times with success.

This is good information right here. If thats the case then the stock a-arms should be ok, I would just have to assure the powder guy that the oven doesnt exceed 400*F or ask to see what the required temp. is for the specific powder and base my decision off that. Thanks everyone!