Afraid to trail ride...

Hey guys, I love my Banshee, maybe a little too much. The plastics are mint, no scrapes on the frame, tons of billet aluminum parts, and its beautiful. Because of that, I am too afraid of ruining something to take the Banshee in the dirty-nasty trails I have. This sucks, because I love riding it. But the whole time I am riding it I worry about scratching something or nicking the plastics or denting something. Pretty silly huh?

Been there, done that.

I had the same issue. My wife & I had a pair of Raptors 700s and everytime we went riding it was a 2 -3 hour process to get them cleaned up. We were particular because we had $8,000 invested & didn't want to flush that money down the drain. Ended up selling both bikes for $8,000 grand. Clean bikes require maintenance. I'm back on a Banshee again. Just started a complete tear down / refresh and she will look clean BUT I will ride the shit out of this one. I will also clean it RIGHT after each ride.

In summary : Ride that damn bike to it's fullest and then clean the shit out of it. And then Clean it again! :headbang:

Troy

Plenty of trailer queens out there. Fuck that. Like rjdgriff said. Whats the point. I've owned one brand new quad in my life. That mother fucker was scratched to shit in 3 months. :shrugani: If your that worried about it, pic up a shit set of plastics and go nuts.

Hey guys, I love my Banshee, maybe a little too much. The plastics are mint, no scrapes on the frame, tons of billet aluminum parts, and its beautiful. Because of that, I am too afraid of ruining something to take the Banshee in the dirty-nasty trails I have. This sucks, because I love riding it. But the whole time I am riding it I worry about scratching something or nicking the plastics or denting something. Pretty silly huh?

Mixed terrain trails is all I have to ride on and while I'd love to bling my banshee, I won't b/c you just can't keep that much chrome that clean. It gets a plastics-off top to bottom cleaning about 2-3 times a year. I polish the wheels and chrome and toothbrush every nook and cranny, and it looks great especially in pics, but even though not cracked, my plastics have taken a bit of a beating. I haven't said much more than anyone else but really what's the point of having it if you won't ride it?

Get a full set of Armadillo skid plates, a cheap set of plastics and a power washer. You can do a real nice job cleaning it up in about an hour+ Then make sure you ride long enough to make the hour of cleanup worth it :headbang:

Mixed terrain trails is all I have to ride on and while I'd love to bling my banshee, I won't b/c you just can't keep that much chrome that clean. It gets a plastics-off top to bottom cleaning about 2-3 times a year. I polish the wheels and chrome and toothbrush every nook and cranny, and it looks great especially in pics, but even though not cracked, my plastics have taken a bit of a beating.

Get a full set of Armadillo skid plates, a cheap set of plastics and a power washer. You can do a real nice job cleaning it up in about an hour+ Then make sure you ride long enough to make the hour of cleanup worth it :headbang: I get lot's of compliments and stopped by people asking all kinds of questions about it and I still get to enjoy riding it.

I haven't said much more than anyone else but really what's the point of having it if you won't ride it?

I tried that with mine. Come over and hang out with my friends and they'll make fun of you so much, you'll have no choice but to ride the shit out of it! Now all I can hope for is to keep my new truck nice but they're already on me about that. RIDE IT! :headbang:

Edited by seabass

• 2 weeks later...

Forgot I posted this. guess I was having an off day. I been riding and got used to the washing off after ever ride. just got back from a 8 hour trip! Man, this thing flies :headbang:

Was great meeting you today, your machine does not do bad at all...lol...