SHEARERS OR CPI INFRAMES FOR SERVAL

TORQUEDFORD

It is all built, Serval 4 mil.....now I need to buy pipes. Which ones. I have 35mm carbs. Sand dune riding only. I thnk the CPI pipes look kind of cobbled and the Shearers dont fit good from what I have read. Or are they close enough it won't matter anyway? I am a heavier rider i.e. 250#s

I've owned both brands and the fitment was not the best on either. But neither one was worse than the other in that regard.

Now as for power......... My motor was/now is a 472/492 Cheetah. My motor liked the Shearers to the tune of 14 more HP over the CPI's and it's torque curve was as good in the lower RPM's as the CPI's. So needless to say, I'm a big fan of the Shearers.

For your motor ....I would pick the Shearer Small Bores. They were designd for the 421 cub. I know the port timings are lower with the serval, But I think that pipe will best fit your needs.

My two cents........Shearer Small Bores. :headbang:

I run shearers with no issues. Coupelx is selling some original rockets.

they are actually GRR inframes. NYUK said they are pretty much like an original rocket. I went for a spin with them last fall on my stock stroke dune port and they come on earlier than my r2's and pretty smooth.

as far as fitment. they fit like old rockets and most other banshee pipes- not for shit.