Won't start

Ok so here is where it started, I put a new Athena top end on and put it all back together. Kicked it no start, checked plugs checked wiring and used a test light on the wires. What I found was I am getting power on the yellow wire by the plug off of the stater but no power out of the plug it's self. Any advise will help checked kill switch all is good. I do not know how to use a ohm meter so not sure if stator is good or bad. Traced wires no breaks. If it is a stater what and where is the best one to get online.

check your grounds, where the coil mounts to the frame and where the black wire attatches to the coil and one by the voltage regulator near cdi. also double check that your wires arent coroded, the ends screw on so many times you can take them off and cut a small peice off and screw them back on. did you double check the pickup gap and clean the points on the flywheel? if you do need to get another stator find an oem stator if you can, either on here or ebay maybe. also i would find a cdi to swap out from a friend or something to be sure thats not the problem...

before i put everything back together, I installed the motor then the radiator added fluids then kicked it 2 times to make sure it got spark the third kick nothing and nothing since. I am going to check the stater and the pick up gap (still researching for the gap clearance) the flywheel is clean. buddy of mine has some kind of tester that lets you know if it is a ground or a positive connection we used it to make sure the engine was grounded to the frame, everything was good on that part. I think it might have to do with that pick up coil gap, we loosened the plate up behind the stator but didn't notate where it was at( it has play in it and can move left or right about a 1/4 of a inch.) I will also check to see if a wire might have lost contact in there as well. When I figure it out I will defiantly let y'all know. Hopefully I will still have a little hair left by then.

The cdi fixed the issue, after tearing the carbs down, I had to replace the o-ring on the plunger jet i assume this is the idle jet, It had a 28 etched into it and I'm running 290 mains, everything seems to be running fine. I will run a tank of fuel through it then do a plug chop and post pics up. my timing plate is stock but looks like they widened the holes for adjustment by about a 1/4 inch I have pics but can't upload at the time the pick up is at 5 oclock or can be at the 4 oclock position any ideas witch one I need to be at. Right now I am running it at the 5 oclock position both places seem to be the same out put.