marvin shaw comp shocks?

greasergroff

hey guys im setting my banshee up to run 1/4 mile asphalt drags for this summer and already made solid struts all way around.I am in the process of building my wheelie bar now and did some testing on some empty back roads.Launching seemed to be pretty good with my plus 4 swinger and slicks but at high speed like 60 + i didnt like how sketchy the steering was with absolutly no dampning side to side.So now im going to ditch solid front struts and go with mavin shaw comps up front, but before i make my order i wanted to know how the sag is with these shocks on a slighty lightened frame?The way i have it set up now my a arms are parallel to the ground and wanted to keep that stance with my marvins so what length should i order?including how much the sag with near stock weight.My thinking was to order a 1/4 inch over what i have my solid strut length to but just wanted some other peoples ideas and any other helpfull info for setting up my asphalt dragger.thanks

We usually have them with no sag and kinda stiff. For even level aarms they are usually about 12" long or slightly shorter. You can figure it out with your struts. With shaws you can take the nuts off and make em 1/2" shorter or adjust em out a 1/4" longer or more with a spacer.

i have stock frame 12.5 inch front marvin comps with plus three forward and stock width a arms, they are adjustable about half an inch either way. heres how it looks.

1a58dbf3.jpg

ok cool.Thanks guys i dont know why i didnt think of any adjustment with the rod ends on the shaws.Must not have had my head on right when thinking this over.