Do YFZ450 Wheels On Banshee Maintain Same Width?

bansh_88

Do the YFZ-450 front wheels installed on a banshee change the overall banshee front width any? I always assumed that they are the same and do not add or subtract overall width to the banshee front end but now I am trying to confirm it for sure. The 450 wheels that I am looking to buy have 10x6.0 marked on the wheels, and my stock banshee wheels also say 10x6.0 on them. So this should be a direct swap without any change in front end width, right? Thanks.

Edited by bansh_88

It depends on what the offset is on rack one. Measure both side from center of rim to the outside on each set. That will be your offset. I believe the 450 rims have a bigger offset but not sure about that.

It depends on what the offset is on rack one. Measure both side from center of rim to the outside on each set. That will be your offset. I believe the 450 rims have a bigger offset but not sure about that.

Thanks Fastassbanshee96. So if the 450s had a bigger offset, does that equal more or less width with them installed on the banshee? I went and ordered a pair of used tires and wheels off of a YFZ450 online right before making this thread as I started having doubts about the wheels. I originally assumed that by getting the same size wheel as my banshee, (10x6), that all would be the same. I never thought about different offsets, *sigh!*

So right now I am hoping that the 450 wheels do not lessen the front width of the banshee any. If anyone knows the answer to this one, I'd greatly appreciate it, thanks.

give me a second, i will go look.

EDIT: i just looked at my yfz rims, they are 10x5.5 in the front. and they look like the same offset as the stock rims i remember seeing on the shee in my past.

Thanks ZillaFreak for looking. This 10x5.5 and 10x6 dimension really has me baffled!!

Before buying the 450 wheels just now, I had purchased a front set of '06 Banshee take-off wheels and had just installed them this weekend and noticed something didnt look right. The nut for the wheel hub on the fronts stuck out past the face of the wheel, whereas with the stock wheels on, the hub nut sits safely inside the face of the wheel. So I then looked closely at the wheels and noticed that there was a 10x5.5 stamping in the '06 wheel, and a 10x6 stamping on my stock wheels.

So right now I am VERY curious (completely baffled actually) to understand WHY Yamaha put either 10x5.5 wheels on some banshees and 450s, and 10x6 on other banshees and 450s within the same years apparently??!! The 10x5.5 wheels definitely look silly on my banshee with the hub nut sticking out past the face of the wheel. When I read online, some folks mention having 10x5.5 wheels, and some mention 10x6 wheels on both quads, and same years. Its all so gosh darn confusing. So now I have a set of '06 pair of front wheels and tires that are useless to me and am hoping that this set of 10x6 450 wheels will be right. I REALLY hope this second set of front wheels and tires will not be money down the drain. I really hope not...

Does anyone know what the deal is with the 10x5.5 and 10x6 variances with these wheels? I dont get it.

Edited by bansh_88