Transmission help

007banshee

Rebuilding my engine. Bought new shift drum,star and forks. When shifting thru the gears it shifts good but when i get to 5th gear the 2nd shift fork(closest to the shift star hits the case. Not sure why and if anything can be adjusted since the stopper plate limit's movement of the drum. Right now all i have installed is drum and forks and shift shaft don't want to continue til i figure this out. Thanks!

Nick

Rebuilding my engine. Bought new shift drum,star and forks. When shifting thru the gears it shifts good but when i get to 5th gear the 2nd shift fork(closest to the shift star hits the case. Not sure why and if anything can be adjusted since the stopper plate limit's movement of the drum. Right now all i have installed is drum and forks and shift shaft don't want to continue til i figure this out. Thanks!

Nick

Sounds like you have the forks in the wrong place. Check out the link in my signature and compare your bottom end to the one in my pics and see if you have things in there correctly... That should be a good start. There are 2 of one type of fork and 1 of the other. I have a set of cases split on my bench right now so if you need specific pics of anything just let me know and I can snap whatever pics you need. Should be a simple fix, just move your forks around to the correct position.

- Jared

Edited by BigRed350x

Hey Bigred. I have your how to saved to my desktop already lol along with my clymer, Ill play around with it today and get back with ya. I had my old drum and forks and it cycled thru all the gears fine they both had burrs where the nipple rides in the drum so i replaced them.