banshee straight cut gears

stockbutfast

I just used some UHMW, a vice, and a socket to press the old helical driven gear. Not trying to be a buzz kill, but what do you have done to your banshee already? I look at your name and it says "stockbutfast" so I assume its stock or slightly modified? If so, I can think of many other ways to improve your performance for the price of straight cut gears. In fact, I probably wouldn't say straight cut gears will make a noticable difference in power... I run spur gears because it reduces stress and side loads on the crank and clutch.

Or maybe you knew this. If so, ignore me!

Looking at purchasing straight cut gears and was just wondering if anyone knows if you have to press the gear with the bushing out old helical gear and if so what is the best way to do that witout damaging it.

Depends on what kind you get. If you get the spring-loaded straight-cut gears, they come with the bushing and idler driven gear on the back. Other kits are just the PTO gear and the basket gear and you have to do the assembly.

- Jared