help with carb

BRAK54

i just picked up this banshee and its my first ever anyways it has trouble getting started and when it does it revs so high i just shut it off right away

anyways it has a single carb conversion and im trying to figure out if these 2 open nipples should be pluged or not i just took the carb off to take pictures and tons of gas came pouring out when i tipped it upside down im wondering if these should be plugged up and that is the cause for the high revs , also when i did have it running i adjusted the idle knob and it does nothing could those nipples be affecting that too. sorry in advanced i know nothing about carbs but im trying to learn thanks!

carb4.jpg

carb3.jpg

carb1.jpg

carb2.jpg

Edited by BRAK54

Those 2 nipples are the overflow for the carb so no they should not be plugged. If it is reving like crazy when you get it to start you either have the slide in the carb wrong so it is stuck up which is almost impossible the cable is way out of adjustment so the slide can not drop all the way or you have a bad air leak somewhere

also by the looks of the pic, your idle screw is backed out quite a bit, but be sure its not pushing the slide up enough to rev it out

back that screw out until it no longer touches the slide and turn your little brass air screw in till it touches, then back it out 2 turns,

that will get you baselined and if it starts with that idle screw off that slide, you defiantly have some issues of air getting in someplace else besides that carb throat

also by the looks of the pic, your idle screw is backed out quite a bit, but be sure its not pushing the slide up enough to rev it out

back that screw out until it no longer touches the slide and turn your little brass air screw in till it touches, then back it out 2 turns,

that will get you baselined and if it starts with that idle screw off that slide, you defiantly have some issues of air getting in someplace else besides that carb throat

alright i couldnt wait so i just did it now i put it back on messed with the idle screw than tightened the brass screw in and backed it out 2 turned kicked the starter over 5 times fired right up and idled for 10 min till i shut it off w00000 thanks a million hopefully it will fire right back up tomorrow