Anybody thinking about "The Badlands"?

I was hoping to go this weekend.....but the whole place is rented out for some damn extreme foot race. :blink:

So I'm hitting Fox Valley Off-Road for the third weekend in a row. :shrugani: I'm sure after this ride Sunday I'll be happy to not see it again till next year.

Anyone thinking of going to the Badlans soon? I was thinking about maybe shooting for Sat. the 26th......... :unsure:

Pretty sure that would be my season ender, cause I'm not chasing my jetting into the 30's. LOL.

Got work--hoping next year will be slower with work so I can go riding more--Only went twice this year---dammit!!!! Looks like decent weather this weekend. Hey shadow---you and the old lady ever hit up turkey bay on Kentucky lake for riding and camping?

Haha no haven't yet was gonna take the Jeep down there but with our job changes and all never got the chance. I've heard other people talk about it though and said its nice.

Last time I was at Tue Badlands last month with rollinrhino we not sliced our front tires within the first 10 minutes and then I ran out of gas and my jetting was off. It wasn't the best ride good thing you weren't there.

Well, for me it has to be Sat. the 26th.

Sunday is no good for me. I'm going to cement my plan once I see a better idea of what the weather will be like. (I'll most likely make up my mind on Thursday.) By then the forecast will be close enough for it to be 50% correct. :rolleyes:

Just hoping I can fit in one more ride before I hybernate the bikes for the winter.

Anybody wanna come play?

Last chance to roll your machine or blow it up before the off season. :lol:

Gotta have something to do over the winter. ;)

Ok, somethings up......I rode Fox Valley for the 3rd weekend in a row and today the left cylinder just wouldn't stay running. I had gone way up on my jetting due to the cold. I tried backing it down to where it was before...but it still wasn't running quite right.

I'm too swamped with heating work to spend much time going through it right now, so it looks like I'm calling it a season and focusing on being a heating guy. :shrugani: Gotta chase that coin. So I'm backing out of my plan to try and hit the Badlands.

Sucks, but at least I didn't blow it up or burn it down. Gonna check the reeds and the rings....I don't think it's anything big, but I don't feel like thrashing this week to make a trip next weekend and then end up parking it for the winter. I'm going get the bike all cleaned up, then I'll do my winter teardown/inspection on the bike when things get slow during the holidays.

Sorry, but if anyone wants to plan a ride...........take the lead, keep the post going and get a date planned. :clap:

I'll join you in the spring. B)

Ok, somethings up......I rode Fox Valley for the 3rd weekend in a row and today the left cylinder just wouldn't stay running. I had gone way up on my jetting due to the cold. I tried backing it down to where it was before...but it still wasn't running quite right.

I'm too swamped with heating work to spend much time going through it right now, so it looks like I'm calling it a season and focusing on being a heating guy. :shrugani: Gotta chase that coin. So I'm backing out of my plan to try and hit the Badlands.

Sucks, but at least I didn't blow it up or burn it down. Gonna check the reeds and the rings....I don't think it's anything big, but I don't feel like thrashing this week to make a trip next weekend and then end up parking it for the winter. I'm going get the bike all cleaned up, then I'll do my winter teardown/inspection on the bike when things get slow during the holidays.

Sorry, but if anyone wants to plan a ride...........take the lead, keep the post going and get a date planned. :clap:

I'll join you in the spring. B)

I had a bad plug boot do that before----left side pipe was cold and bike was missing bad--right pipe was hot as usual-----If its a bad winter like last year you should do ok as a heating guy-LOL!!!!!

I'm hoping everyone gets snowed in and we have a 100 year ice storm. LMAO.

I'll be making service calls on my snowmobile. :jesterlaugh:

I tried new plugs, swapping wires side to side, put my spare coil on, cleaned carbs, went back to my old jetting. (Even though it was too cold for that to be right) Finally just called it quits and loaded in up and went home. (It was getting damn cold Sunday afternoon.)....hoping it's just a broke reed or a stuck ring. :shrugani: We'll see............

Edited by WINDYCITYJOHN400

I might be able to do New Years too. A big we'll see but a definite maybe as of today. Shadow is right though, our last ride there was memorable. BTW.....did you get it jetted Shadow? It was getting close to spot on.

I might be able to do New Years too. A big we'll see but a definite maybe as of today. Shadow is right though, our last ride there was memorable. BTW.....did you get it jetted Shadow? It was getting close to spot on.

yeah its not too bad still a little rich. i got everything fixed on it that needed fixed and those mods i was wanting to get done to make it more comfortable. i just ordered a 2 into 1 carb setup cause im tired of messing with the dual carbs so if we ride next thats what i should have on it cause i ride all year round. my stock carbs i just put up for sale on here.

!

im just glad they had those tires there for us! hope all is well and hopefully ill see you out there soon.

whats up stanley. i may try to make another trip up there this year if the weather is tolerable. ill check back to see what everyone decides.

so you still got your banshee? saw it for sale at mullins about a month ago. i stripped a rear hub and went down there and let him bend me over on a set of used ones. then on my way out i saw your bike sitting there.

whats up stanley. i may try to make another trip up there this year if the weather is tolerable. ill check back to see what everyone decides.

so you still got your banshee? saw it for sale at mullins about a month ago. i stripped a rear hub and went down there and let him bend me over on a set of used ones. then on my way out i saw your bike sitting there.

It won't stay for sale. I'll give it a couple more weeks and probably go get it. I still am getting a 4x4 quad.