diy beadlocks

Ive been looking into doing it. A few 9 inch rings and a tig welder. I have a tig i just havent welded aluminum in a while. Anyone have any ideas on cutting perfect rings? Stock rims are aluminum correct? I guess id have to get some thick aluminum. Its an idea I've been kicking around. I want beadlocks but I'm not shelling out the $ just to have them, I'd rather make them. Thanks for suggestions/ I am open to them.

Ive been looking into doing it. A few 9 inch rings and a tig welder. I have a tig i just havent welded aluminum in a while. Anyone have any ideas on cutting perfect rings? Stock rims are aluminum correct? I guess id have to get some thick aluminum. Its an idea I've been kicking around. I want beadlocks but I'm not shelling out the $ just to have them, I'd rather make them. Thanks for suggestions/ I am open to them.

I have done a few sets, both in steel and aluminum. The biggest problem isn't getting the rings cut, but having both wheel lips cut off parallel to themselves and perpendicular to the axle centerline. The best thing that I have found to work well for both cutting the rings and the wheel lip is a rotary table on a mill. A competent machine shop could get the job done as well, but by the time you pay them it's almost the price of some wheels...

• 2 weeks later...