building a 10sec banshee.

3k isn't much of a budget for a good fast bike. A good start would probably be a 10mil cub, straight-cut gears, billet basket, override trans, vforce reeds, cool head, timing plate, alky carbs, lockup clutch, good pipes... That right there is probably going to murder your 3k budget and might not get you where you want to be.

well i have 3k to put towards just the motor, i know i will have work on the chassis and such but thats going to be different budget and topic. with 3k what the most i can get including exhaust and carbs

Not a 10sec setup. LOL Cub cylinders will be the cheapest aftermarket cylinder you can get that would give you the performance you're looking for. They are around $8-900. A 4mil crank is about $450-500, a 10mil crank is around $1k, cool head is $200, reeds are $200, good alky carbs will run you anywhere from $350-500 depending on who does them and what kinda options you get on them, pipes will put you back $350-700 depending on which ones you go with and if you get chrome or bare metal, lockup & cover is about $350, straight-cut gears are about $300-350, billet basket is about $150-200, or you can get the spring-loaded billet basket/straight-cut gear combo for $600, intakes are $100-150, a good override will run ya around $350-400. Then you will have all the misc odds and ends to get it all put together right.

Give Kevin @ HJR a call. He can hook you up with any of the stuff above & get you a good bang for your buck. Great guy to deal with and fast turnaround time. His number is in my sig.

- Jared