did i forget something

qboronyrican

have been putting the she back together after a long time waiting and i got everything back and now ready to sync the carbs....got it close by eye an started it up to check it with the sync tool and noticed that one pipe has a lot of smoke coming from it and the other barely has any at all.....what is the problem here before i continue and break something

shee has 35mm air strikers btw

have been putting the she back together after a long time waiting and i got everything back and now ready to sync the carbs....got it close by eye an started it up to check it with the sync tool and noticed that one pipe has a lot of smoke coming from it and the other barely has any at all.....what is the problem here before i continue and break something

shee has 35mm air strikers btw

mabey both idle adjustments arent the same? or the air/ fuel screw is different on one carb than the other?

checked idle adjustments and both air/ fuel screws are 1 1/2 turns out....the stator side is the one with no smoke really not much pressure at all when holding my hand over it.....is there cross tubes that go from one carb to the other on these?

Edited by qboronyrican

checked idle adjustments and both air/ fuel screws are 1 1/2 turns out....the stator side is the one with no smoke really not much pressure at all when holding my hand over it.....is there cross tubes that go from one carb to the other on these?

hmm im not sure... im more familiar with pj carbs. does it work well when its warmed up? my banshee used to do the same thing. have you took the carbs apart and cleaned them mabey?

these carbs are new to me i purchased them a while back and just now getting around to putting them on. but when i bought them i did take them apart and clean them up to have them ready to go when i got around to putting them on....its a fairly new rebuild with little ridding since the rebuild so i dont think its a internal problem but who knows!!!

these carbs are new to me i purchased them a while back and just now getting around to putting them on. but when i bought them i did take them apart and clean them up to have them ready to go when i got around to putting them on....its a fairly new rebuild with little ridding since the rebuild so i dont think its a internal problem but who knows!!!

hmm i see. well heres one more thing, are they in sync?

well thats what i was in the process of doing ....synced them by eye and then started it and thats when i noticed.....its a huge difference between the two so i dont think being out of sync a little bit would do that?

unfortunately i dont have a comp tester handy

Edited by qboronyrican

• 1 month later...