Works Shocks

Schweet97Z

I emailed, PMed, and called with So Cal suspenion with no luck of getting ahold of Matt. But im looking to upgrade my shocks, but since the wife and I are building a house, money is tight and doesn't need to be going into a set of Fox Floats. So for a budget shock, are the Works AT Steelers any good? I ride mostly trails, and explore with the occasional hill shoot.

Busy is an understatement.

Sorry, I usually can only check my PM's every other day or so, and sometimes (Like today), I have 26 PM's waiting for me. You PM'd me right after I finished up yesterday. I'll just reply here instead.

AT Steelers are the bottom-of-the-line Works shock. They are LOADS better than stock shocks. You will definitely notice a great improvement over stock. Here are little tid-bits of advice, though.

If you are buying new, don't buy triple rate, go with dual rate. There is no DOWN side to triple rate, but just unnecessary to spend the extra money for no reason. Banshee's are too heavy to utilize that third spring.

Also, if you are buying new Works, consider buy a set of USED dual rate, non reservoir Elka's instead. They use a different (Better) type of valving, and MUCH better seals and wear bands. You will get longer time frames between services. The only downside, is they will not be set up for you properly when you buy them used.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...