+10 swing arm killing my traction. what length should i go to?

BuckeyeShee21

I'm new to drag racing. I have a 10 mil cub that runs great. Just got back from dirt country drags in southern ohio and got 2nd place in the 2 stroke open division. I was very pleased, but I lost to a few bikes that had way less motor than I did. I knew my setup wasn't great. What length swing arm should I go to? I'm 150 lbs and running a wheelie bar. I was thinking plus 4. Thoughts?

Are u running a shock? Strut? What kinda tires? Screws/ chissels? Go to a softer shock with a quicker transfer rate or softer rear spring dirt u only need 2 inches of rear shock travel when yur sittin on bike compession on on softest setting, and rebound dampening on the slowest rebound setting i run a 10 inch swinger on a 95 hp alky 4 mil motor with xcr 20 inch holeshots with chissels and screw mix and i never unload rear tires,bites hard

Ps if u have a strut in there for dirt drags get it ouuta there and get a shock in there and try different settings and spring rates before u go changing to a costly swinger change,hope it helps bud mike

• Like 1

Are u running a shock? Strut? What kinda tires? Screws/ chissels? Go to a softer shock with a quicker transfer rate or softer rear spring dirt u only need 2 inches of rear shock travel when yur sittin on bike compession on on softest setting, and rebound dampening on the slowest rebound setting i run a 10 inch swinger on a 95 hp alky 4 mil motor with xcr 20 inch holeshots with chissels and screw mix and i never unload rear tires,bites hard

I'm running a shock with maxxis 22 inch 4 snows. The tracks I run do not allow screws/studs. I haven't messed with the shock yet, just kind of assumed the swing arm as the problem. I'm completly level when sitting on it. Do you have a drag axle?

U want the rear of bike to be lower than front when sittn on it,and have 2 INCH OF TRAVEL OR LESS U MAY NEED A LIMITER STRAP TO hoLD THE rear of BIKE down a inch or 2 lower in rearwhen u sit on it but still have like 2 inches of travel when yir on it. We uae arock l/w blaster axles on ours a ton lighter and narrowed oved stock banshee axle by 2 pluis inches on each side

Really ridgid gives u more traction on a hard dirt pack dirt starting line ??? Anybody ive seen blows the rear tires off with a strut on hardpack dirt but when we go to really soft loamy loose dirt tracks and sand then we have seen struts shine well for traction, but every track is different i guess!!

Thanks for the advice. I'll try adjusting the shock set up first to get that back end down. The two banshees I was losing to had stut set ups and were hooking instantly. They were 200 lb riders with the same gearing and same tires. I was losing by 1 to 2 bike lengths and my trap speed was 4mph faster. If I could get this to launch I'm set.