aftermarket skidplate

seabass

I'm ordering a new skidplate. I heard that the ones, like the PRM, that have the piece that covers the linkage, hang really low and are not worth it. I'm looking at the Armadillo that doesn't have that piece but is the thickest available. Anybody have any feedback on this? Any info is appreciated. Thanks in advance . :cheers:

the quality of construction, and it even seems like materials, are just much better on PRM products, they really are

there are tons of companies that make 1/4" skidplates, but it seems most of them use shitty soft aluminum , ive had skidplates that said they were the same grade of alum. but some are noticeably softer than others, the biggest problems with most of them are that the eyelets where the bolts hold it to the swingarm, tear out, then youre screwed, i have re-inforced the eyelets on skidplates of mine in the past with steel brackets, stopping the eyelets from blolwing out when you hit something hard, and they last much longer, but the PRM just seems to be built better than any ive seen, and uses a very hard/tough grade of alum. as far as the linkage coverage, your linkage is already there, the 1/4" skidplate hanging over it might lose you 1/2" of ground clearance, but riding on rough terrain, anyone should be used to putting their tires on the big rocks, you never run over large objects in the center of your frame unless its an accident, the skidplate is there as a last resort.