Coolant temps

broke350

Got the first ride in and had a blast. I now realize why people love banshees so much. Nice comfortable 80 degree weather at the dunes, but it didn't take long playing on the side of a dune or down in the trees before it would heat up. I could hear the coolant bubbling up and it filled the overflow. After that I made sure to give decent cool down time and made sure to keep air going through the radiator, never had another problem. I've got an inline temp guage from esr I need to install to keep track of the temp. What's a good operating temperature range for these motors? Tips for keeping a cool running banshee?

usually between 190-200ish is a good place........alot will shut them down when they hit 210. Even though the banshee is a liquid cooled bike.....you need to keep them moving to keep the heat down. hell they'll actually overheat if you just let them sit and idle way too long. Gotta keep moving and keep it flowing.

if you are going to be just goofing in a small tight area just keep an eye on the temp.......then when it starts to get hot just hit an open road or field and open it up a little bit to assist in cooling. you can also get a high flow coolant pump along with a larger radiator.....

Thanks guys. I kinda figured the problem was with the lack of air flow at slow speeds and high rpm hill shoots and side hill playing. The banshee's basically stock except for t-5's and I was just concerned when I shut it down and could hear the coolant burbling. I made sure to keep it moving after that. The plan is to get an aftermarket impeller, and to change out the coolant. I have a bottle of water wetter. Would you guys recommend just adding that to regular coolant, or should I look into engine ice? My radiator looks good, no flattened fins or other signs of abuse from rocks or bugs. Would you recommend an aftermarket radiator for a basically stock banshee?