another banshee or new yfz?

hey guys i sold my 03 shee before my move... now im ready to ride again ( mainly fast trails and open areas as well as the monthly trip to little sahara or planet x which is dunes). i had my 03 for a long time but idk if i had a bad buy from the get-go.. but it seemed really sluggish up top but it still kicked butt in the sand drags.. all it had was pipes, jetted, intake, sprocket, upped the timing... anyways to the point of the post, should i get another banshee and mod it, or buy a brand new yfz450? if i go banshee route i will be buying a low hour/ hardly ridden bike... what do yall think would be the best route for me... im stuck and cant decide lol.... any info or suggestions would be great considering i know the banshee and nothing at all about the yfz bike

go with what you know, and the shee may be cheaper, but the yfz are getting lower........its two different ends of the sport quad realm......2 stroke mixing gas and oil and tuning...or get on and go four stroke....up to you both should be fun ...i think its easier to mod the shee being a simpler engine

yea deff cheaper the shee route, and ur deff right as far as the tuning and and get on and go... but doesnt the 450 have to have oil changes like every ride or something similar?

I have both a well built yfz450, and just traded my 06 700 raptor that was bone stock for a built banshee. part of my decision to trade was based on the fact that it was going to cost sooooo much money to build the raptor and it takes a lot of know how...so traded it for a banshee that i can work on. as for the oil change i change mine every other dune trip. thats what i have been told to do by many people that ride em. the 450 is a kick ass bike though!

Depends on your riding style I love two strokes I tried 4 stoke bikes I loved them but always missed the 2 stoke!!!

If you get the shee the new serval cyl is pretty sweet if your looking for alot of power. Depends what your budget and needs are. Good luck

, and cheaper to rebuild when the time comes. Stuff to think about.

I disagree with this... I've rebuilt my banshee 3 times and replaced a crank and havn't touched my 450 since 03'.. When both bikes are properly maintained.. the 4 strokes will have less repairs. Top ends cost the same to replace.. but.. you should change it half as often with a 4 stroke.. which makes the 4 strokes actually cheaper. The heads shouldn't require service (besides routine valve maintenance) unless there was another problem. that wasn't caught. Also factor in replacement reeds.. which could be up to 120 every 3 yrs or so.

I have both a banshee and a YFZ450.. I like them both.. They each have their own place. I wouldn't use repair price as a deciding factor.

yea im pretty much sold on another banshee lol... i do alot more trail riding than anything but i look for the hills and ppl racing on the flats and a modded banshee deff wins my vote... i appreciate everyones help u guys are awesome.. as for the yfz they are bad azz bikes but id rather not drop 8k follwed with mods.. so banshee it is... thanks all!!!