Clutch and clutch basket replacement and starting issues?

bansheechas

Well I took the banshee for a spin around my neighborhood and noticed a couple of things. First off, it has never done this before, but it took maybe 20 kicks to start and idle. The last time I started it, first kick it fired up and idled? My compression tester threads don't fit but the bike still screams once it's warmed up, next, I read where other people were having issues with the clutch basket bushings, the sound the bike made is idendical to a noise that has recently started in mine. The clutch also doesn't grab until it's almost all the way in, it's hard to go into 2nd and I didn't notice much lag when shifting but there was a small amount. Since I got the bike from cl and I was told trinity built the motor which from what I have read on here makes me conceded on how well put ttogether it is hahaha. But what I am getting to is, what all should I replace/check/test with these issues? So far I was for sure going to do billet clutch basket, the heavy duty clutch on EBay? Unless someone recommends better and I was going to for sure try to get a compression test and anything under 100 psi I'm going to send my motor off to get rebuilt. From what I've read, jeff at FAST is the place to go. But the low compression issues just seemed to arise out of no where? Like I said the bike started first kick nearly everytime and then just yesterday was a chore to get started and idle. The "pops" seem to get louder as the bike warmed up. Not wanting to rebuild right when college starts but hey, While it's apart go 4 mil maybe? Haha

Edited by bansheechas

Oh yeah almost forgot, mods are trinity 1 to 2 intake 38mm carb pro design head 21 cc domes vforce reeds. I haven't pulled the clutch cover off so I'm not sure what's done in there, I'm pretty sure it has adjustable timing? I'm new to banshees and there mods so bare with me for a little lol but I'll post up pictures when I get home it will probably help more. Oh yeah the Plugs were a dark brown and look good from what I've read If that matters. Thanks in advance

Took the bike out around the neighbor hood, started first kick I guess letting it sit makes them not want to start. But at operating temp it doesn't like to idle all the time. Not sure though? The noise was still there it sounds like it was coming from both sideband there was a small vibration over what im guessing is the water pump cover like when you touch it. Not really sure about to get paid so I'll take it apart and run through it and get pics up

I live in Cinci Ohio. The starting issue has gone away. It sat for a while so I guess that is the culprit of that. Idk clutch side from stator side I'm banshee retarded. It's making a chatter on the right side of it if your sitting on it. When you pull the clutch in it goes away. I dont want to take it to a shop I ment shop/service manual sorry. I read about another guy having a chatter and he diagnosed it as worn clutch basket bushings other people have told me I have a busted clutch spring. So I'm not sure, bike doesn't seem to have any performance issues with the sound I just don't want it to lead to other premature ware/damage. I have a clymers manual and wheel spacers in the mail so ill read through the manual and tear it down accordingly.

sounds like you have some clutch chatter. your right side is your clutch side. my clutch is chattering also. My clutch basket is notched pretty bad so im gonna re do the whole clutch and shifting parts this winter. sounds like you should be looking into a new clutch, basket, etc....

Edited by dcalsv02