top end rebuild

POORBOY350

is there anything i need to look for or watch out for im fixin redo top end. never tore into a banshee before. its a 421 cub. water is gettin into my oil and oil in my water and my plugs have rust on em and i figure im just gonna go threw and do the whole top end make me feel better bout the whole thing i wanna gtet the son of a bitch right for once! wat should i be lookin for wat kinda money am i lookin to spend cuz im poor folk lol. but any tips help anything would be appreciated if not... ill just poke and hope try to do it myself. just figured there some good ppl on here who'd help me out.

o yea plugs are rusted and my exhaust had alot of coolant in it when i pulled it off. i hope my juggs arent fkd. thanx

please help so i aint pisssin in the wind. its such a gorgeous bike and its never been right its a damn shame

You could completely remove the water pump gaskets/seals, and still not get water into the cylinder area,it doesnt work like that. If you have coolant in your echaust and cylinders its most likely a head gasket or base gasket issue. If you had a water pump issue you would be getting water into your tranny oil.

but running with a leak head gasket/o-ring and sucking in coolant will destroy a top end.

Edited by Burt Reynolds