bleeding brakes

Sometimes brand new brake lines and hard to get the pressure started. I just installed A Arms and SS lines, and even with my friend's mity vac, it took a while to get the brake lever to build pressure. Ive had this problem on other bikes when going from a dry system as well. Take your 8mm wrench and tap on the calipers, then tap on the lines, then on the master cylinder. Keep pumping the hand brake, open one of the bleed screws for a second, and close right away, keep pumping, and open again for a second. repeat this on both sides. It takes some patience for the stubborn ones. But somehow it just seems to majically build pressure. Mity Vac definately helps. Also taking a break from it for an hour seems to help (even mentions this in the manual). Good luck and keep us posted.

^^^^ This is what I just had to do to my R. Thought something was "queer" in that the brakes worked great, then put new extended lines on and nothing. Never had such a PITA brake bleed in my life. Clear hose running into a reservoir of your choice with fluid in it.

Crack bleeder.

Push brake lever and hold.

Close bleeder.

Repeat this 10-100 times until, at last, you feel pressure at the lever. Then a few more times to really get the desired results.