ran like a raped ape and then....

i did a cases up rebuild on the banshee and its been together for a month with no problems, and then i was riding at a buddies and as i went to put it away it ran like shit, i shut it off, and after we got the hay in, i started it and it ran like it was out of time, it backfired, then wouldnt rev up, then shut off and wouldnt start. its got spark, gas, and compression, the timing plate and flywheel are tight, and its got tors removed, idk what it could be, please help

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what type of filter do you run and do they have pre-chargers? maybe even bad plugs?if they have pre-chargers try taking the pre-chargers off and see it makes a difference.

twin air with no prefilter, no problems there, and i swapped plugs with no luck

thats funny the prechargers never heard that one when it backfires just about everone will say its in the electrical system stator,cdi, coil or a bad ground try and swaping parts with a buddy

my stator is waterproofed, i didnt hit any water, and the cdi is recent, idt anything should have gone, unfortunatly i dont have a buddy to swap with that has a banshee

take the flywheel off and make sure you didn't shear the key. also make sure the stator plate didn't come loose.

the stator plate is tight, and i turned the motor over using the flywheel so i dont think i sheared a key, good thought tho