Quick Stroker Question

jlsparky7

Thank you for all of the awesome advice fellas. I sent the head and cylinders out and I will ask about correcting the port timing. Just dropped $1008.00 to get the banshee running so I dont have the extra 350 for port work right now. If I can get the timing corrected that would be more then sufficient for now. Ill call them first thing monday and see if they have the work done already or not.

Please keep the ideas and opinions coming.

ok i agree that porting it is better and i planed on porting it, but when i got it all togher it runs perfect for ME. i been running it for 2 1/2 yrs now with no problems. but just this yr i got a gsxr1000 and haven't been riding it that much,so that why i'm not porting it. plus i have soo mouch more money in suspesion that when i do meet someone with a ported motor with near stock suspesion they can't keep up UNLESS we are drag raceing. i didn't half ass my motor except for the spacer plate but when i built it i wasn't a member here and the people that i bought the crank from said it would be fine. their isn't any near me to ride except for badlands which is about 1 1/2 hr away. It not like i am saying go that route, jl asked a ? i gave him a answer. know if he was to ask which was better then i would have had a diiferent post. but zilla thinks for some reason i was talking shit. no i was just saying as i said befor their NOT junk. and if you have a problem with sealing two gaskets more than likely you will have the same results with one.but in all reallity it doesn't matter because it my motor my problem if i ever have one. and by the why i don't dragg race i ride more mx and woods and the power is perfect. it not all about your motor as it is about how you ride it, and suspesion plays an even bigger part.

ok i agree that porting it is better and i planed on porting it, but when i got it all togher it runs perfect for ME. i been running it for 2 1/2 yrs now with no problems. but just this yr i got a gsxr1000 and haven't been riding it that much,so that why i'm not porting it. plus i have soo mouch more money in suspesion that when i do meet someone with a ported motor with near stock suspesion they can't keep up UNLESS we are drag raceing. i didn't half ass my motor except for the spacer plate but when i built it i wasn't a member here and the people that i bought the crank from said it would be fine. their isn't any near me to ride except for badlands which is about 1 1/2 hr away. It not like i am saying go that route, jl asked a ? i gave him a answer. know if he was to ask which was better then i would have had a diiferent post. but zilla thinks for some reason i was talking shit. no i was just saying as i said befor their NOT junk. and if you have a problem with sealing two gaskets more than likely you will have the same results with one.but in all reallity it doesn't matter because it my motor my problem if i ever have one. and by the why i don't dragg race i ride more mx and woods and the power is perfect. it not all about your motor as it is about how you ride it, and suspesion plays an even bigger part.

Ive got the suspension, just need to figure out how i want it setup. Ive got the riding experience on the trails but just getting into MX. Thanks for your advice, I really appreciate it.