Dramas with my engine not wanting to rev

1sick6

Hey everyone,

on the weekend i took my new cheetah cub out to a local flat track race, after 2 races of running sweet i check the radiator and topped the coolant up, i then tryed to start it and found the bike wouldnt rev much off idle exactly like it still had the TORS connected and the park brake was applyed.

the TORS system has always been looped out in to each other so i disconncted the black box and un looped the grey plugs and there was no differance, I wasnt sure if something might had got wet from topping up the radiator. i then disconnceted every plug and cleaned everything out.

after 45minutes with no luck constantly trying everything i could think of i was ready to load the bike back on the trailer then i just gave it 1 more try and it had just fixed itself just in time to put my helmet on and get on the track.

has this every happened to any 1 else b4? It hasnt played up before or since the weekend. Even after washing the bike and heaps of wet muddy races in the past.

Im still running it with the black tors box disconnected and the gray plugs unplugged and its running sweet.

If you want any more info or to know anything else ill add more, i just dont want this to happen again.

cheers, Paul

dam, its hard when they fix them selves. maybe some worn wiring touching, or got wet and shorted ?. ive had mine soaked as well and it never gave problems (only with the tors connected it would) so i cant think of anything common that would fault.

is it using coolant or just a top up after rad refill ?. not that i think that would cause it.

is your fuel tap blocked or something like that ?

Have you cut the green/yellow wire out of the bike harness at the CDI plug? That is the only sure way to keep the park brake rev limiter from activating, it is a seperate system from the TORS system that is contained in the CDI box. When you cut the wire, cut it on the harness side of the plug and cut it tight to the connector so it can NOT short to ground as that is how the rev limiter is activated.