All light wiring

Alright, they worked. All of them. One silener bolt came out and the silencer pipe was touching the frame and melted a wire, no big deal :rolleyes: . New bolt and new chunk of wire from where it was good to where it was good. Bad chunk taken out. Started it headlight exploded as soon as i turned on the switch... banghead So yeah... Any wiring diagram, explanation of what happened, whats broke, or easy way of fixing this would be very helpfull. Thanks in advance to anyone that can help

Your voltage regulator is not hooked up. It's a silver metal box just forward of the tail light. It shunts excess voltage to ground to keep the voltage at a level that the lights can live with.

Electrical faq

http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=133650

Well, that was hooked up fine. Grounded good too. I stripped her down to look at all of my wiring to find out i had the biggest cluster f#%l( of wires ive ever seen on a wheeler. No conections were connected... All bridged or spliced and most of the wiring wasnt factory colors so it was hell too figure out what was what so i figured out what everything was suppoesed to be and made a new wiring harness eliminating all the tors, switches, non existant key, and all the other unneeded junk on a banshee that wasnt even there. Not even kidding i bet there was 50 foot of unused wire zip tied to my frame everywhere from things that used to be there. It all was muddy, torn, burnt, cut, shorted, or just sip tied and not used for anything. After all this was finished and junk removed I started it. First kick like always but still no lights. Maybe its my lights.. I didnt test the wires for power yet but im glad i got rid of all that junk. But if anything could be wrong that i did anyone help me. The wiring is done right now. What else could be wrong or broke?

Wow! Sounds like a mess. Good job on fixing all the screwed up wiring. As for your headlights, you mentioned that they "exploded". Headlights aren't rocket science. Check the bulbs with an ohm meter, or hook them up to a battery. If they're OK, check for voltage into and out of the headlight switch.

Wow! Sounds like a mess. Good job on fixing all the screwed up wiring. As for your headlights, you mentioned that they "exploded". Headlights aren't rocket science. Check the bulbs with an ohm meter, or hook them up to a battery. If they're OK, check for voltage into and out of the headlight switch.

I did the wiring harness that eliminates the switch. So its for sure not that. Just gonna use like a dirtbike kill. And yeah i put just a buld on the wires to test it and it blew into pieces. Ill try a regulator but it would still be getting power even if it was out. Just way to much, right?

I did the wiring harness that eliminates the switch. So its for sure not that. Just gonna use like a dirtbike kill. And yeah i put just a buld on the wires to test it and it blew into pieces. Ill try a regulator but it would still be getting power even if it was out. Just way to much, right?

Yes, the regulator shunts excess voltage to ground. Check the voltage at the regulator wire. If there's no voltage, then you have a disconnected wire somewhere in the harness. If the voltage at the regulator is too high when you rev it up, you have a bad regulator.

Yes, the regulator shunts excess voltage to ground. Check the voltage at the regulator wire. If there's no voltage, then you have a disconnected wire somewhere in the harness. If the voltage at the regulator is too high when you rev it up, you have a bad regulator.

Yeah ill check that when i get the rest of it back together. Whipped a shitty and the chain jammed by the front sprocket. Got it out, looked and my chain guide had no bottom so the chain fell off easy. Put on another, and was gonna tighten the chain when, sure as all shit, Missing a tightener thing that also holds it from loosening. banghead Im assuming the main reason the chain come off. So now i need one of those and then when its in driving order ill get back to wiring. One thing after another. :shootself: Gotta love having an '87. Always something. Soon enough everything will be new and i wont have all these wonderfull little problems that keep me from riding